Kunena 6.2.5 & module Kunena Latest 6.0.7 released

The Kunena team has announce the arrival of Kunena 6.2.5 [K 6.2.5] which is now available for download as a native Joomla extension for J! 4.3.x/4.4.x/5.0.x. This version addresses most of the issues that were discovered in K 6.1 / K 6.2 and issues discovered during the last development stages of K 6.2

This category contains miscellaneous, uncategorised third-party extensions (e.g. JomSocial, Community Builder, etc.) relating to older versions of Kunena that are no longer supported.

This category may also contain a few topics relating to K 1.6 that may have been moved here possibly by mistake.

The topics in this category are for historical interest only. Owing to the structural differences between K 1.6 and K 1.7, the ideas in these topics may not work with later versions and, for that reason, the topics are locked.

Question Forbidden Access (Flooding)

More
13 years 5 months ago - 13 years 5 months ago #1 by gerpol
I just migrated from Kunena 1.5.12 to 1.6. No issues when migrating, but after that I get the message Forbidden acces (flooding) when I use the menu-item. (also tried your suggeston to change the menutype to entry-page, but no diiference.)
Any other ideas ?

Added :
For now I decided to downgrade to 1.5.12. That at least works without any problems, so it must be something in 1.6 itself.
Last edit: 13 years 5 months ago by gerpol.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
13 years 5 months ago - 13 years 5 months ago #2 by sozzled

gerpol wrote: I get the message Forbidden access (flooding) when I use the menu-item.

Hmmm ... I haven't seen this before.

Google gave me these results:

dev.anything-digital.com/Forum/?topic=5083.msg34753
forum.joomla.org/viewtopic.php?f=267&t=266104
redcomponent.com/forum/62-bugs/14698-sol...-flooding-w-sh404sef

So it seems to me that the problem doesn't lie with K 1.6 but with whatever version of sh404SEF you are using.

I suggest that you try the upgrade again - it might be a good idea to do this on a test site - and post your configuration report. This might help us to locate the possible cause(s) of your problem.

I hope this helps.
Last edit: 13 years 5 months ago by sozzled.
The following user(s) said Thank You: gerpol

More
13 years 5 months ago - 13 years 5 months ago #3 by gerpol
thanks sozzled, that did the trick. Uninstalled sh404Sef and reinstalled Kunena 1.6.0.
Now i only have to replace sh404sef with another working sef-comp.
Last edit: 13 years 5 months ago by gerpol. Reason: typo's

More
13 years 4 months ago #4 by dmoorefus
I'm getting the error:

Forbidden Access
(Flooding)

when trying to access one of the sub-forums in our forums. This is a sub-forum accessed from the main category page.

The sub-forum is this one (if it by chance makes any difference): /Category-28/

I've tried setting the flood protection time out to 0 and to 2, but I get the same result.

Any information I could use to track down the problem with this?

Thanks!

Dave

This message contains confidential information

Database collation check: The collation of your table fields are correct

Legacy mode: Disabled | Joomla! SEF: Enabled | Joomla! SEF rewrite: Enabled | FTP layer: Enabled |

htaccess: Exists | PHP environment: Max execution time: 600 seconds | Max execution memory: 82M | Max file upload: 49M

Joomla default template details : js_earthblog | author: Casey Lee | version: 1.0 | creationdate: 6/20/08

Kunena version detailled: Installed version: 1.6.1 | Build: 3858 | Version name: Timu | Kunena detailled configuration:

Warning: Spoiler!

Third-party components: AlphaUserPoints: Disabled or not installed | CommunityBuilder: Installed (Version : 1.2.3) | Jomsocial: Disabled or not installed | UddeIm: Installed (Version : 2.0)

Plugins: System - Mootools12: Disabled | System - Mootools Upgrade: Enabled | JFirePHP: Disabled or not installed | Kunena Discuss: Disabled or not installed | Kunena Search: Disabled or not installed | My Kunena Forum Menu: Disabled or not installed | My Kunena Forum Posts: Disabled or not installed

Modules: Kunena Latest: Enabled (Version : 1.6.0-RC1) | Kunena Stats: Disabled or not installed | Kunena Login: Disabled or not installed

More
13 years 4 months ago #5 by sozzled

More
13 years 4 months ago #6 by dmoorefus
Thanks - through more investigation along these lines, in sh404sef I turned off flood protection and set the configuration for Kunena to be 'Nocache' and that and that restored access to the forums.

That component is more trouble than it's worth much of the time... :angry:

Thanks!

Time to create page: 0.395 seconds