Kunena 6.3.0 released

The Kunena team has announce the arrival of Kunena 6.3.0 [K 6.3.0] in stable which is now available for download as a native Joomla extension for J! 4.4.x/5.0.x/5.1.x. This version addresses most of the issues that were discovered in K 6.2 and issues discovered during the last development stages of K 6.3

This category contains miscellaneous, uncategorised third-party extensions (e.g. JomSocial, Community Builder, etc.) relating to older versions of Kunena that are no longer supported.

This category may also contain a few topics relating to K 1.6 that may have been moved here possibly by mistake.

The topics in this category are for historical interest only. Owing to the structural differences between K 1.6 and K 1.7, the ideas in these topics may not work with later versions and, for that reason, the topics are locked.

Question Application Help for Newb

More
13 years 7 months ago #1 by griz
I've just started using JomSocial and love it, but I don't understand applications yet. I have only one installed...Wall...and even it doesn't seem to do anything. But my concern is more general...

What exactly are the (Jomsocial) applications that I can have available for my members? I'd try to refine my question, but to tell you the truth, I need help from the very beginning. I'd like to have some applications listed under the Applications tab in JomSocial that my members can use as they choose, but I can't seem to find how to even get started. (I'm getting along nicely with Joomla, so I'm not a total newb in that respect, but JomSocial apps have me stumped. :S )

Thanks for any help.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
13 years 7 months ago #2 by Deicide
Hi Griz,

It's not that hard actually, just think that applications work for Jomsocial like Extensions work for Joomla. First you want to check out what applications are available (try here: www.jomsocial.com/download/addons.html ) download the ones that you like (some are commercial and you will have tu purchase them) and install them to Jomsocial using the backend provided in the Joomla Component area for Jomsocial.

Then you go to your profile on the frontend of your Jomsocial, clic on APPLICATIONS and you fill find a link to "add application", the ones you have downloaded and installed will be available here.
Also under the link "My applications" you will be able to manage them.

I'm not an expert and maybe you can "pre-install" applications from the backend for your users so they don't have to enable them. But i'm not sure...

On the other hand this is the Kunena Forums, maybe you should check out the Jomsocial Forums here:

www.jomsocial.com/forum/

I hope this helps you out :)

More
13 years 7 months ago #3 by griz
Replied by griz on topic Re: Application Help for Newb
Thanks, Deicide...

Now you've hit on the start of my problem...and how much of a newb I am. :lol: When I go into the backend in the component area for Jomocial, I don't see an "install" area of any sort. Do you mean the the Extension "Install/Uninstall" area of Joomla? :unsure:

Griz

Deicide wrote: ...install them to Jomsocial using the backend provided in the Joomla Component area for Jomsocial.

More
13 years 7 months ago #4 by Deicide
Exactly, you would install these applications from the Joomla Extensions Install/Uninstall page, just like any plugin. Sorry, I was a little misleading there.

;)

Time to create page: 0.484 seconds