Kunena 6.3.0 released

The Kunena team has announce the arrival of Kunena 6.3.0 [K 6.3.0] in stable which is now available for download as a native Joomla extension for J! 4.4.x/5.0.x/5.1.x. This version addresses most of the issues that were discovered in K 6.2 and issues discovered during the last development stages of K 6.3

This category contains miscellaneous, uncategorised third-party extensions (e.g. JomSocial, Community Builder, etc.) relating to older versions of Kunena that are no longer supported.

This category may also contain a few topics relating to K 1.6 that may have been moved here possibly by mistake.

The topics in this category are for historical interest only. Owing to the structural differences between K 1.6 and K 1.7, the ideas in these topics may not work with later versions and, for that reason, the topics are locked.

Question What kunena version and extensions should I get?

More
13 years 7 months ago - 13 years 7 months ago #1 by Deicide
Hi guys!

I have been through a lot of documentation and have decided to use Kunena on my new joomla site. Although I'm not sure what extensions to get to integrate Kunena with Joomla and Jomsocial, I see al kinds of things around from commercial extensions to old outdated ones.

My actual setup is:

Joomla 1.5
Rockettheme Dominion template
Jomsocial 1.8.8

Would you be so kind to indicate the extensions/plugins I need to get Kunena as integrated as possible (profiles, groups, latest posts on profile, etc)?

And Should I use Kunena 1.5 or 1.6?

Thanks in advance!
Last edit: 13 years 7 months ago by Deicide.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
13 years 7 months ago #2 by fxstein
For new sites we definitely recommend Kunena 1.6. There are also various modules and plugins available on the JED and our own KED (being updated this weekend).

You might also take a look at our showcase page (main menu) to see some of them in action.

We love stars on the Joomla Extension Directory . :-)

More
13 years 7 months ago #3 by Deicide
Thanks for you reply!

One last question if I may. Will I need an extension like "JS G-Kunena" (I would like to use Jomsocial Groups) for Kunena 1.6?

Because if that's the case I've noticed JS G-Kunena is only compatible up to Kunena 1.5.12, so I would have to go with that :pinch:

Time to create page: 0.452 seconds