Kunena 6.2.5 & module Kunena Latest 6.0.7 released

The Kunena team has announce the arrival of Kunena 6.2.5 [K 6.2.5] which is now available for download as a native Joomla extension for J! 4.3.x/4.4.x/5.0.x. This version addresses most of the issues that were discovered in K 6.1 / K 6.2 and issues discovered during the last development stages of K 6.2

This category contains miscellaneous, uncategorised third-party extensions (e.g. JomSocial, Community Builder, etc.) relating to older versions of Kunena that are no longer supported.

This category may also contain a few topics relating to K 1.6 that may have been moved here possibly by mistake.

The topics in this category are for historical interest only. Owing to the structural differences between K 1.6 and K 1.7, the ideas in these topics may not work with later versions and, for that reason, the topics are locked.

Question [Merged topic] K 1.6 needs "autodetect" for integration with JomSocial

More
13 years 8 months ago - 13 years 8 months ago #1 by mindriot
Just did an upgrade from K1.5.9 to K1.6 RC1 on a Joomla 1.5.20 site.

Process went without problems.

I recreated all the main menu links but whenever I select any of them I get blank pages.

With debugging on nothing came to light but when I set error reporting to maximum I get this :

Fatal error: Call to a member function getAllowedCategories() on a non-object in /home/safnet/public_html/components/com_kunena/class.kunena.php on line 517

Heres the output from report configuration settings :

This message contains confidential information

Database collation check: The collation of your table fields are correct

Legacy mode: Disabled | Joomla! SEF: Enabled | Joomla! SEF rewrite: Enabled | FTP layer: Disabled |

htaccess: Exists | PHP environment: Max execution time: 2000 seconds | Max execution memory: 128M | Max file upload: 64M

Kunena version detailled: Installed version: 1.6.0-RC1 | Build: 3173 | Version name: Kujadili | Kunena detailled configuration:

Warning: Spoiler!

Last edit: 13 years 8 months ago by sozzled. Reason: Merged from several discussion; changed subject to improve search relevance

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
13 years 8 months ago #2 by fxstein
What is your jomsocial version on that server? You could try disabling jomsocial integration to see if the pages render.

You should see errors in the apache error log.

We love stars on the Joomla Extension Directory . :-)

More
13 years 8 months ago #3 by mindriot
Thanks for the reply.

Ive got JS uninstalled right now to do the horrible upgrade process it requires every time theres a new version, I had 1.6.289 but I am planning to go to 1.8.7

Could it be this that is the cause? (uninstalled just now)

More
13 years 8 months ago #4 by mindriot
I just looked through config again, it had retained Jomsocial specific selections for some of the integration settings :)

Switched to autodetect and its happy, many thanks for the clue.
The following user(s) said Thank You: sozzled

More
13 years 8 months ago #5 by sozzled
I think this is important enough to make a sticky topic for the Jomsocial category! Thanks very much for reporting the matter.

More
13 years 8 months ago - 13 years 8 months ago #6 by mindriot
No probs, I googled "com_kunena/class.kunena.php on line 517" and saw results for a number of sites that seem to report the error so I reckon Im not the only one to hit this.

Im not sure that autodetect is needed for JS, its more at the time I encountered the error and posted the integration settings in my Kunena had retained the previous "Jomsocial" specific settings from my Kunena 1.5.9 install when I had Jomsocial 1.6.289 uninstalled in preperation to reinstall 1.8.7, I merely switched to "Autodetect" and found that reverted Kunena to using its own system in the abscence of Jomsocial.

Further, now Ive just reinstalled JS 1.8.7 Kunena has now switched from its on system back to using the JS information while the integration settings are still set to "autodetect".

Happy to have helped :)
Last edit: 13 years 8 months ago by mindriot.

More
13 years 8 months ago #7 by zonedabone
Replied by zonedabone on topic Fatal error after post
Whenever I post on my forums, I get the following error:

Fatal error: Class 'CFactory' not found in /home/rivertraders_/rivertraders.net/administrator/components/com_kunena/libraries/integration/jomsocial/activity.php on line 65

Other users tell me they have no errors, and the post still is put on the forums correctly.

Database collation check: The collation of your table fields are correct

Legacy mode: Disabled | Joomla! SEF: Disabled | Joomla! SEF rewrite: Disabled | FTP layer: Disabled |

htaccess: Missing | PHP environment: Max execution time: 30 seconds | Max execution memory: 90M | Max file upload: 7M

Kunena version detailled: Installed version: 1.6.0-RC1 | Build: 3173 | Version name: Kujadili | Kunena detailled configuration:

Warning: Spoiler!

More
13 years 8 months ago #8 by fxstein
Replied by fxstein on topic Re: Fatal error after post
What version of jomSocial are you running?

We love stars on the Joomla Extension Directory . :-)

More
13 years 8 months ago #9 by Saibot
Replied by Saibot on topic Re: Fatal error after post
Hi, I have the same / ore similar Problem.

After i Post i get this.

Fatal error: Class 'CFactory' not found in /home/www/web303/html/administrator/components/com_kunena/libraries/integration/jomsocial/activity.php on line 65

or on line 28.

On line 28/65 is: CFactory::load ( 'libraries', 'userpoints' );

My Kunena version is Kunena 1.6.0-RC1

About jomSocial: I have no idea how to check the type of version of jomSocial. If that matters i need help about that too.

Thanks alot.

Tobi

More
13 years 8 months ago #10 by Saibot
Replied by Saibot on topic Re: Fatal error after post
Hmm. I think i solved the problem.

It's somthing about the Forum Config.

I changed the settings on integration: Activity Notifications
And changed it to Auto Detect.

And now, its now longer gets a error after a Post.

It's actually quite simple. Or i'm totally wrong :blink:

Supplements are welcome.

regards

Tobi
The following user(s) said Thank You: avengerxp

Time to create page: 0.443 seconds