Kunena 6.2.6 released

The Kunena team has announce the arrival of Kunena 6.2.6 [K 6.2.6] which is now available for download as a native Joomla extension for J! 4.4.x/5.0.x. This version addresses most of the issues that were discovered in K 6.1 / K 6.2 and issues discovered during the last development stages of K 6.2

This category contains miscellaneous, uncategorised third-party extensions (e.g. JomSocial, Community Builder, etc.) relating to older versions of Kunena that are no longer supported.

This category may also contain a few topics relating to K 1.6 that may have been moved here possibly by mistake.

The topics in this category are for historical interest only. Owing to the structural differences between K 1.6 and K 1.7, the ideas in these topics may not work with later versions and, for that reason, the topics are locked.

Question K1.6b and CB1.2.3 gender field issue

More
13 years 8 months ago #1 by Baze
First of all I'm not sure if i should address this here or on joomlapolis site so sorry if it's on the wrong place.

I have problem with the gender icon beneath the avatar on the forum. In most cases it says undefined even thou the users have selected gender which is showing properly on their cb profiles.

1. The cb_gender field is named "Пол"

2. In the cb forum integration plugin i have selected "Пол" as gender field

3. On my profile page the gender shows properly (Пол: Машко means gender: male)

4. But on the forum the icon says "undefined"

Any idea what might be the problem?
Attachments:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
13 years 6 months ago #2 by olignn
At me the same problem

More
13 years 6 months ago #3 by sozzled
olignn: If you have the same problem then you must be running K 1.6 beta. Please upgrade your version of Kunena immediately. K 1.6 beta is not supported.

More
13 years 6 months ago #4 by olignn
At me the version kunena_v1.6.0-RC2_b3373 is established.
Tried to put kunena_v1.6.0-RC3_b3539, a problem same.
Still in kunena_v1.6.0-RC3_b3539, the profile from kunena is used.
To profile СB 1.2.3 it is not switched.

More
13 years 6 months ago - 13 years 6 months ago #5 by only1russ
Replied by only1russ on topic Gender field issue
I am using the most current CB, the most current Kunena and of course the most current joomla. I have enabled the newest version of mootools.

Kunens shows
Gender (with the icon)
unknown

Does this come from CB - or where does it get this information -

THANKS

-- Russ T.
Last edit: 13 years 6 months ago by only1russ. Reason: (spelling error)

More
13 years 6 months ago #6 by only1russ
Replied by only1russ on topic Gender field issue
Could it Be the browser? (Using IE 8)
( a common issue with templates eh? )

I just noticed it does the same thing on this board (at the time of this posting)
- If you hover the mouse on the icon - It says Unknown (at least on my profile)
- I looked on someone else - and it said Male. - this kinda takes away the browser probability - and leads back to the question - where does this come from - some profiles show it - some do not - I am using Alpha points - this is not "complete" in this profile - but I do not want my users to need to complete 2 seperate profiles - so could there be some confusion about where the information is pulled from?

Where is this information coming from ?

THANKS!

-- Russ T.

More
13 years 6 months ago - 13 years 6 months ago #7 by sozzled
I think the cause of these problems lies in a misconfiguration of the cb.simpleboartdab plugin. I really don't think any of these issues are Kunena problems as such. I could be wrong.

We've encountered these problems before and we've fixed them. Please see [Solved] Male and Female icons
Last edit: 13 years 6 months ago by sozzled.

More
13 years 6 months ago - 13 years 6 months ago #8 by migus
I'm using this hack (see attach) with CB 1.2.3. In Kunena 1.6.0 RC2 it's OK with thumbs even in IE8. You can see it on : my Russian Sandbox site

P.S. Check the language definitions in cb_gender field values - there must be _UE_MALE and _UE_FEMALE !important

Good luck

Altai Mountains - is a fairy tale!
Attachments:
Last edit: 13 years 6 months ago by migus.
The following user(s) said Thank You: olignn

More
13 years 6 months ago #9 by migus
Replied by migus on topic Re: Gender field issue

only1russ wrote: I am using Alpha points - this is not "complete" in this profile - but I do not want my users to need to complete 2 seperate profiles - so could there be some confusion about where the information is pulled from?

-- Russ T.

Try to look here: Gender no-photo thumbnails support

Good luck :cheer:

Altai Mountains - is a fairy tale!
The following user(s) said Thank You: olignn

Time to create page: 0.440 seconds