Kunena 6.3.0 released

The Kunena team has announce the arrival of Kunena 6.3.0 [K 6.3.0] in stable which is now available for download as a native Joomla extension for J! 4.4.x/5.0.x/5.1.x. This version addresses most of the issues that were discovered in K 6.2 and issues discovered during the last development stages of K 6.3

This category contains miscellaneous, uncategorised third-party extensions (e.g. JomSocial, Community Builder, etc.) relating to older versions of Kunena that are no longer supported.

This category may also contain a few topics relating to K 1.6 that may have been moved here possibly by mistake.

The topics in this category are for historical interest only. Owing to the structural differences between K 1.6 and K 1.7, the ideas in these topics may not work with later versions and, for that reason, the topics are locked.

Question Signatures aren't working and showing in threads

More
13 years 10 months ago #1 by smaq
Hello,

Just got my self registered here. The users in our site can edit and save their signatures by updating the profile/forums; but none of the signatures appear under their posts...we're using Kunena 1.5.11 and CB 1.2.1; hoping to receive help soon

PS. I'm a noob

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
13 years 10 months ago #2 by xillibit
Hello,

What kunena template do you using ?
Do you edit signature by which way : CB or kunena ?

I don't provide support by PM, because this can be useful for someone else.

More
13 years 10 months ago - 13 years 10 months ago #3 by sozzled
G'day, smaq, and welcome to Kunena.

It's been a while since I played with this aspect of Community Builder, so forgive me if my information is a little out-of-date. I wrote something about this issue in CB & Kunena updated, where are the signatures now? , albeit the topic, in that case, related to K 1.0.8 (!), there haven't been too many changes in this area nonetheless. I don't even know if Frustrating! Community Builder, Kunena and Signatures! (which is a little more up-to-date) will help you either.

I mean, look, there has been a lot of discussion on this topic: So, rather than answer this question with, basically, I don't know any more (and I've solved this problem in another way: I don't have Community Builder integrated with Kunena on my websites) why don't you look at what discussions we've had before on this topic? ;)
Last edit: 13 years 10 months ago by sozzled.

More
13 years 10 months ago #4 by smaq
xillibit wrote:

Hello,

What kunena template do you using ?
Do you edit signature by which way : CB or kunena ?

I'm not sure what template we're using; but Iv'e tried one thing that when a user adds a signature and updates it via his 'edit profile' page; the signature is saved in Community Builder but it doesn't show in his posts. I've manually updated the signatures from the backend by going into Components->Kunena->User Management->User->Add Signature as Admin account... and these signatures show in the users posts.... does that mean anything? :dry:

More
13 years 10 months ago #5 by sozzled
  1. You can find out what template you have selected if you go to
    • Kunena Forum » Kunena Configuration » Frontend » Look and Feel » Template = ...

2. What values have you assigned to
    • Kunena Forum » Kunena Configuration » Integration » Avatar Integration » Use Avatar Picture From = ...
    • Kunena Forum » Kunena Configuration » Integration » Profile Settings » Profile = ...

More
13 years 10 months ago #6 by smaq
1. Template = Default

Kunena Forum » Kunena Configuration » Integration » Avatar Integration » Use Avatar Picture From = Community Builder
Kunena Forum » Kunena Configuration » Integration » Profile Settings » Profile = Community Builder

More
13 years 10 months ago - 13 years 10 months ago #7 by sozzled
There is only one endorsed and supported Kunena template ... default_ex

But I have this suspicion in the back of my mind that maybe this problem was generated by the original version of CB 1.2.1 (you may be able to confirm this yourself by browsing the various topics that I referred to earlier) and, if so, the developers of Community Builder may have fixed this with a patch to CB. I know that there were a few problems with CB 1.2.1 that impacted on Kunena. Another alternative is for you to upgrade to CB 1.2.2. I'm sorry but, as I said earlier, I don't use CB any more to manage Kunena user profiles. I use CB for user registration, login and avatar image management and that's about the extent of my need for it. Furthermore, as I have been so involved with helping out with K 1.6 development I haven't had the opportunity, yet, to see what CB 1.2.2 is all about. But, I would suggest that you try it, anyway, and let us know if it solves your problem.
Last edit: 13 years 10 months ago by sozzled.

Time to create page: 0.530 seconds