Kunena 6.3.0 released

The Kunena team has announce the arrival of Kunena 6.3.0 [K 6.3.0] in stable which is now available for download as a native Joomla extension for J! 4.4.x/5.0.x/5.1.x. This version addresses most of the issues that were discovered in K 6.2 and issues discovered during the last development stages of K 6.3

This category contains miscellaneous, uncategorised third-party extensions (e.g. JomSocial, Community Builder, etc.) relating to older versions of Kunena that are no longer supported.

This category may also contain a few topics relating to K 1.6 that may have been moved here possibly by mistake.

The topics in this category are for historical interest only. Owing to the structural differences between K 1.6 and K 1.7, the ideas in these topics may not work with later versions and, for that reason, the topics are locked.

Question How to automate special groups and access using CB data

More
14 years 2 months ago - 14 years 2 months ago #1 by TiggersHere
I have CB membership, integrated with Kuena. It works, seamless, thanks.

Now I added a new yes/no question on a certain subgroup of members. My ideal here is:
- user signs up, checks this box.
- CB assigns into subgroup automatically - I think I got that down
- And then - my question here - Kuena automatically assigns to "editor" or something - how do I do that???
- special category is visible to this group only

I've thought about it for a few days now, can't figure it out. Any help appreciated!!
Last edit: 14 years 2 months ago by TiggersHere.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
14 years 2 months ago - 14 years 2 months ago #2 by sozzled
This is a good question. Thanks for asking it.

There's one point that I want you (and other people who are looking for help about how Kunena "manages" user registration) to understand and that is: Kunena does not manage user registration. In fact, Kunena is totally agnostic about how your users have registered with your site. Whatever you use to register your users, however the procedure populates the Joomla user table, however the Joomla users are assigned various Joomla privileges (e.g. author, editor, publisher, manager, etc.) these things occur independently of Kunena. As far as setting up forums to work with special user types, Kunena uses whatever is held in the Joomla user table.

The Kunena user table merely contains details, obtained from the Joomla user table, for the purposes of operating in the context of the forum and, particularly, for assignment of moderator roles.

Therefore, if your registration procedure (in your case you use Community Builder) automatically assigns your users as Joomla editors (or whatever), Kunena is aware of that fact when they login and try to interact with restricted forums.

The big question, therefore, is how to make Community Builder assign those special Joomla privileges when users register. Unfortunately, I don't know the answer to that question. What do the folks at Joomlapolis have to say? :)
Last edit: 14 years 2 months ago by sozzled.

More
14 years 2 months ago #3 by TiggersHere
It works!!! Added this datum in the CB user list, it works. Thank you so much for your quick response.

More
14 years 2 months ago - 14 years 2 months ago #4 by sozzled
It works? :side: I actually helped? :blush:

OK, how did you do it because I've been wanting to know the answer for ages! :laugh:
Last edit: 14 years 2 months ago by sozzled.

Time to create page: 0.483 seconds