Kunena 6.2.6 released

The Kunena team has announce the arrival of Kunena 6.2.6 [K 6.2.6] which is now available for download as a native Joomla extension for J! 4.4.x/5.0.x. This version addresses most of the issues that were discovered in K 6.1 / K 6.2 and issues discovered during the last development stages of K 6.2

This category contains miscellaneous, uncategorised third-party extensions (e.g. JomSocial, Community Builder, etc.) relating to older versions of Kunena that are no longer supported.

This category may also contain a few topics relating to K 1.6 that may have been moved here possibly by mistake.

The topics in this category are for historical interest only. Owing to the structural differences between K 1.6 and K 1.7, the ideas in these topics may not work with later versions and, for that reason, the topics are locked.

Question How to: disble 'more' button and show kunena forum message in jomsocial..

More
14 years 4 months ago #1 by dauf
hello there..as you can see in the kunena jomsocial page, new post from forum will not show the 'MORE' button to show the message..but it'll directly show the message..

so how can i disable the more button and directly show the forum message in jomsocial?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
14 years 4 months ago #2 by fxstein
Hi this is default with jomSocial 1.6. I believe the just released a public 1.6 beta. If you install that, all messages will be expanded by default.

We will have to look into options to limit length and size of the content. long posts, will show up as really long messages.

Hopt this helps!

We love stars on the Joomla Extension Directory . :-)

More
14 years 4 months ago #3 by dauf
ow..thanks for the fast reply..i'll have a look at the beta release...

that's a good option if you can make the post limited to a certain length..

thanks ..

More
14 years 4 months ago - 14 years 4 months ago #4 by xpozay
Personally, I wouldn't limit the length of characters being posted to the Activitystream and/or wall for the purpose of display. I believe the module / code managing the display (activities.index.php at the moment) of the activitystream should be responsible. Why? By controlling it in the component (Kunena) would leave me with inconsistent content amounts in the activitystream. Say Kunena limited it to 200 characters, JS 300, Jevents 400, myblog 250, etc.

That said, perhaps an option in the kunena back-end could be useful just to minimise the size of the content being posted into the activitystream table (just to keep my database tables smaller). In this scenario, I would set it higher than what I expect in the activitystream just for "safety" in case one day I wish to show more or if I wanted different JS profile types show different amounts of information or if the user is able to customise their own limits through their JS profile.

In the past we have always placed the limit, say 300 characters, in the JS template (ie original facebook hack). Since Azrul has been slowly adding the code into the core JS, we have been pushing Azrul to make it configurable in the back-end so that we can choose either to have "more" expanded or collapsed at first and also to set the number of characters to display in collapsed and expanded mode.

Note: One consideration when limiting the posting to the activitystream table is how you count. For example, if you want to limit it to 200 characters from the forum thread, do you include the url for images, video, etc. in your counting? From a user perspective no. Thus your code should exclude any tags, urls, etc when counting but include the link text displayed to the user such as click here . I think to place this logic in each component that writes to the activitystream is unnecessary and again supports the logic of having this managed by JS.
Last edit: 14 years 4 months ago by xpozay.

More
14 years 3 months ago #5 by pequeno74
Hello, I have K 1.5.8. and Jomsocial 1.5.237

But the "more" not working well. When I click on it nothing happens, I try several and one if it works.

More
13 years 7 months ago #6 by andy bonner
I think my issue is related to this.... I'm a Kunena newbie experimenting with RC2 - When I post a forum topic, the entire content shows up in the JomSocial activity stream.... That's crazy! :blink:

How do I set it so that only a short amount of text shows up (or even none at all and just the link to the topic).....

Thanks!

More
13 years 6 months ago #7 by Blogmudgeon

andy bonner wrote: I think my issue is related to this.... I'm a Kunena newbie experimenting with RC2 - When I post a forum topic, the entire content shows up in the JomSocial activity stream.... That's crazy! :blink:

How do I set it so that only a short amount of text shows up (or even none at all and just the link to the topic).....

Thanks!

This is exactly the question I am here to ask! Is there an answer to this? Otherwise I will need to disable the feed into the activity stream. Too much information...:(

73 de Patrick

Joomla! 1.5.22
JomSocial 1.8.11
Kunena 1.6.1
EasyBlog 1.1.116

Time to create page: 1.034 seconds