Kunena 6.2.6 released

The Kunena team has announce the arrival of Kunena 6.2.6 [K 6.2.6] which is now available for download as a native Joomla extension for J! 4.4.x/5.0.x. This version addresses most of the issues that were discovered in K 6.1 / K 6.2 and issues discovered during the last development stages of K 6.2

This category contains miscellaneous, uncategorised third-party extensions (e.g. JomSocial, Community Builder, etc.) relating to older versions of Kunena that are no longer supported.

This category may also contain a few topics relating to K 1.6 that may have been moved here possibly by mistake.

The topics in this category are for historical interest only. Owing to the structural differences between K 1.6 and K 1.7, the ideas in these topics may not work with later versions and, for that reason, the topics are locked.

Question CB Moderator Module

More
14 years 5 months ago #1 by NRyan115
CB Moderator Module was created by NRyan115
Hello I have been using Kunena and Community builder for a while now. I am aware of some of the minor problems - but the one that REALLY bugs me I did not yet see a thread for.

CB comes with a module that lets moderators see right from this modulewhen they need to take action. If you were to set "new users must be approved by moderators" then you will see a message in the moderation module telling you to approve the new user registration.

The problem, is that when a user click "report to moderator" on a kunena forum post, it correctly sends my moderators an email - but nothing at all shows up in the moderator CB module. This may sound like a CB problem - but I know if I post this on the CB forum I will be told that its because kunena isn't passing the information to CB correctly. Has anyone looked into this?

This would possibly be one of the most useful tools in moderating a forum, and I'm surprised that no one has posted this yet. Can anyone help?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
14 years 5 months ago - 14 years 5 months ago #2 by kolo
Replied by kolo on topic Re: CB Moderator Module
wow, that is an awesome post... this has never passed my mind, but considering that kunena doesn't have integrated ban features (or any at all) with CB, this would really help out! Someone get this done! Pleasseee!
Last edit: 14 years 5 months ago by kolo.

More
14 years 4 months ago #3 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Re: CB Moderator Module
Kunena report feature is not integrated into CBs moderator module. Nothing more to advise on this matter. You're welcome to submit a feature request to our SVN ( forge.joomlapolis.com/projects/cb/issues...ilter=1&tracker_id=2 ). For future reference please post on our forums for support ( www.joomlapolis.com/component/option,com_joomlaboard/Itemid,38/ ).

More
14 years 4 months ago #4 by NRyan115
Replied by NRyan115 on topic Re: CB Moderator Module
Sorry but the joomlapolis forums are notoriously poor. Plus, it seems like it would be a kunena setting to alert the moderator module would it not be?

More
14 years 4 months ago #5 by Matias
Replied by Matias on topic Re: CB Moderator Module
So we need to keep bugging CB team to warm up to this change.. :) This is because of I do not want to spend hours trying to find out how to do it.

Any volunteers? ;)

More
14 years 3 months ago #6 by NRyan115
Replied by NRyan115 on topic Re: CB Moderator Module
I am still surprised that these do not communicate with each other. Is there no one who will volunteer? I would but cant help write any code so obviously thats no good.

More
13 years 8 months ago #7 by a6april
Replied by a6april on topic Re: CB Moderator Module
I tried the language files and I tried adding user names and cb profile code to the email, Nothing, nadda, zip, zilch....any ideas?

More
13 years 8 months ago - 13 years 8 months ago #8 by sozzled
Replied by sozzled on topic Re: CB Moderator Module
When you consider the situation 6 months ago, things were very different back then.

I do not understand how "adding user names and cb profile code to the email" has any meaning in a Kunena context. I mean, what is this "email" that we're discussing? :dry:

This latest request, posted by a6april seems to fall into the category of something outside of Kunena (unless that person can show how their CB issues relate directly to Kunena) and should be asked at the Joomlapolis forum.

This website is for handling Kunena issues. What is the CB Moderator module? See what krileon wrote 5 posts ago.
Last edit: 13 years 8 months ago by sozzled.

Time to create page: 0.402 seconds