Kunena 6.2.5 & module Kunena Latest 6.0.7 released

The Kunena team has announce the arrival of Kunena 6.2.5 [K 6.2.5] which is now available for download as a native Joomla extension for J! 4.3.x/4.4.x/5.0.x. This version addresses most of the issues that were discovered in K 6.1 / K 6.2 and issues discovered during the last development stages of K 6.2

This category contains miscellaneous, uncategorised third-party extensions (e.g. JomSocial, Community Builder, etc.) relating to older versions of Kunena that are no longer supported.

This category may also contain a few topics relating to K 1.6 that may have been moved here possibly by mistake.

The topics in this category are for historical interest only. Owing to the structural differences between K 1.6 and K 1.7, the ideas in these topics may not work with later versions and, for that reason, the topics are locked.

Important Catchable fatal error: Object of class stdClass could not be converted to string

More
14 years 8 months ago #1 by Kitsune
Hello.
I use latest Joomla 1.5.11 with Community Builder 1.2.1 and Kunena 1.5.3
I found ability integration of Kunena forum with Coummunity Builder and used it for Avatar Integration, Profile Settings and as Private messaging component instead forum functions.

The problem is that:
All topics, where user writes some posts, becomes subscribed. If you try to unsubscribe using Community Builder profile editor (forum tab), you'll get such error

Catchable fatal error: Object of class stdClass could not be converted to string in /public_html/components/com_comprofiler/plugin/user/plug_cbsimpleboardtab/cb.simpleboardtab.model.php on line 189

Is there a problem with CB 1.2.1 and it's forum tab/pluhin or with incorrect Kunena integration?

BTW, where should I find some user's forum setting using such integration? If it is not reachable throug CB, how can users configure forum functions?

Would you be so kind, if your Kunena forum and Community Builder are not compatible, please do not make vague allusions to the possibility of integration.

Guys, it's a good try, but still you have a lot of work for integration before make such buttons in configuration pannel of your forum at backend. :)

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
14 years 8 months ago #2 by Kitsune
P.S. Thanks for the nice forum! I like it. Hope you'll fix and develop it to the Invision's or phpbb's level.

More
14 years 8 months ago - 14 years 8 months ago #3 by sozzled
Kitsune wrote:

All topics, where user writes some posts, becomes subscribed. If you try to unsubscribe using Community Builder profile editor (forum tab), you'll get [an] error ...

Yes, I've encountered this problem in the past. It was one of the reasons that I changed the way I configured Kunena to this preference:

Integration » Avatar Integration » Use avatar picture from = Community Builder
Integration » Profile Settings » Profile = Kunena

I realise, however, this doesn't answer your questions.

In the first place the behaviour of "all topics where [a] user writes some posts, [the user] becomes subscribed" is the "default" for a Kunena installation. I would recommend you disable that feature. What happens is that when you post a message, the subscribe checkbox is automatically checked by default (you can uncheck it and you won't be subcribed). This behvaiour cane be changed with the following setting:

Frontend » User related » Post-subscription checked by default? = No

The second issue, how to unsubscribe using the Community Builder forum tab, is more complicated. As I mentioned before, I had this problem with previous version of CB. I haven't tested it with CB 1.2.1. From what you write, the defect is still there. This is a matter for the folks at Joomlapolis to advise. In the meantime, you can unsubscribe your favourites using the standard Kunena functions.
Last edit: 14 years 8 months ago by sozzled.

More
14 years 8 months ago #4 by woonydanny
you can unsubscribe and unfavourite topics in the cb tab for forum integration. There is a fix on the joomlapolis forum to get it to work as the one released has a slight error with unsubscribe and unfavourite but i can confirm that it does work (J1.5.11,CB1.2.1,K1.0.10)

still wish that i can write my forum signature through a jomsocial plugin and do it from my jomsocial profile :(

More
14 years 6 months ago #5 by z27b
Hi, i need this too.
Where is the fix?

More
14 years 5 months ago #6 by lex thoonen

Time to create page: 0.435 seconds