Kunena 6.3.0 released

The Kunena team has announce the arrival of Kunena 6.3.0 [K 6.3.0] in stable which is now available for download as a native Joomla extension for J! 4.4.x/5.0.x/5.1.x. This version addresses most of the issues that were discovered in K 6.2 and issues discovered during the last development stages of K 6.3

This category contains miscellaneous, uncategorised third-party extensions (e.g. JomSocial, Community Builder, etc.) relating to older versions of Kunena that are no longer supported.

This category may also contain a few topics relating to K 1.6 that may have been moved here possibly by mistake.

The topics in this category are for historical interest only. Owing to the structural differences between K 1.6 and K 1.7, the ideas in these topics may not work with later versions and, for that reason, the topics are locked.

Question [SOLVED] Sh404SEF error after upgrading from 1.0.9 to 1.5.3

More
14 years 10 months ago - 14 years 10 months ago #1 by freeme
Hi,
with Kunena 1.0.9, SH404SEF worked perfectly.

I upgraded to Kunena 1.5.3. today, unfortunately SH404SEF is not working anymore. I get an error message for the whole forum:

Fatal error: Call to a member function setQuery() on a non-object in /homepages/27/16489/htdocs/fl/components/com_sh404sef/sef_ext/com_kunena.php on line 39

When I switch off all Fireboard configuration settings in SH404SEF, the forum is working again (with the crappy basic Joomla native SEF extensions).

Anyone else with the same problem and already a solution?

BTW, my Joomla is 1.5.11

:) Thx
Last edit: 14 years 10 months ago by freeme.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
14 years 10 months ago #2 by fxstein
Any reason why you don't use the Joomla 1.5 SEF feature instead?

It is way faster on large sites and does not create an extra complexity layer and additional failures.

We highly recommend the Joomla own 1.5 SEF router. It is life here on kunena.com and requires no additional settings or drivers.

Hope this helps!

fxstein

We love stars on the Joomla Extension Directory . :-)

More
14 years 10 months ago - 14 years 10 months ago #3 by koraykupe
Native 1.5 SEF doesn't allow to manage links, metas and custom urls. If we don't use sh404sef from now on, all urls will change and organic hits will decreasing for months!
Last edit: 14 years 10 months ago by koraykupe.

More
14 years 10 months ago #4 by fxstein
Just be aware that any Joomla install with sh404SEF and a forum that you turn SEF on for the forum pages will blow up at about 40000 posts. The amount of memory and cpu consumed to just keep the URL cache will consume 90% of a dedicated server.

Run the same install with native Joomla 1.5 SEF you will be running at 5-10% CPU busy.

We love stars on the Joomla Extension Directory . :-)

More
14 years 10 months ago #5 by freeme
At the moment, I dont really have performance problems, the forum is not that big yet. So this wouldn´t be an issue for me (yet)

Anyhow, how do you manage to get the URLs like in this thread? When i use native SEF on my 1.5.3.-forum, the URLs look mostly like this:
www.kunena.com/categorie-138/message-20375.html
(thats the system currently all my forum URLs look like :(

The URL-syntax used on this forum, seems to be quite OK & usable (just see above in the URL-line).

Cheers

More
14 years 10 months ago - 14 years 10 months ago #6 by swamsander
Hi there,

i've upgraded from 1.0.10 to 1.5.3 and use a custom plugin for kunena sh404sef.
Before the upgrade it worked and also after the upgrade everything work fine.

I've added the plugin as an attachment.

Hopefully it works for you too. Let me know what you thinh.

regards,

Sander

www.imtzorg.nl
www.swamcrew.nl

File Attachment:

File Name: ext_sh404s...nena.zip
File Size:46 KB
Attachments:
Last edit: 14 years 10 months ago by swamsander.

More
14 years 10 months ago #7 by freeme
Great thank you, I will try it this evening! :)

More
14 years 10 months ago #8 by freeme
Just installed it - everything went fine, no problems at all! Thank you :)

The only point is that all links have an additional section /downloads/ included. Dont know why and how to get rid of it...

More
14 years 10 months ago - 14 years 10 months ago #9 by freeme
Because of this stupid "/download/" bug, I reinstalled SH404SEF completely. Furthemore, I just renamed com_firboard.php to com_kunena.php, as described in www.kunena.com/forum/13-sh404sef/20339-s...pic-bug-solved#20593

Now everything works really as it should be - no problems anymore with SH404SEF on Kunena 1.5.3.!
Last edit: 14 years 10 months ago by freeme.

More
14 years 9 months ago #10 by dirtydoug
:) wow this is exciting and i have tried it but then i had this problem

heaps of this code appears on the front page.

Warning: in_array() [function.in-array]: Wrong datatype for second argument in administrator/components/com_sh404sef/sh404sef.class.php on line 3072

Warning: in_array() [function.in-array]: Wrong datatype for second argument in administrator/components/com_sh404sef/sh404sef.class.php on line 3075

my system includes
sh404sef beta
joomla 1.5.11
kunena 1.5.3

i dunno what seems to be wrong.

thanks

Time to create page: 1.167 seconds