Kunena 6.2.6 released

The Kunena team has announce the arrival of Kunena 6.2.6 [K 6.2.6] which is now available for download as a native Joomla extension for J! 4.4.x/5.0.x. This version addresses most of the issues that were discovered in K 6.1 / K 6.2 and issues discovered during the last development stages of K 6.2

This category contains miscellaneous, uncategorised third-party extensions (e.g. JomSocial, Community Builder, etc.) relating to older versions of Kunena that are no longer supported.

This category may also contain a few topics relating to K 1.6 that may have been moved here possibly by mistake.

The topics in this category are for historical interest only. Owing to the structural differences between K 1.6 and K 1.7, the ideas in these topics may not work with later versions and, for that reason, the topics are locked.

Question Using Kunena signature and subscriptions with Jomsocial profile.

More
14 years 11 months ago #1 by jgkiefer
If I enable the use Jomsocial profile in the Kunena forum settings then the users are unable to use signatures and forum subscriptions.

It would be so much better that when enabling the Jomsocial profile that all the other functions would still be available in Kuena profiles (signatures, subscriptions, etc) except that the actual profile would link to the Jomsocial profile.

Maybe separate the tools from the actual profile in the profiles in Kuena.
Does that make sense?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
14 years 11 months ago #2 by johnnydement
easy way is to put a link to kunena profiles in usermenu ;) that way, you are still integrated and can put the forum options ;)

More
14 years 11 months ago #3 by jgkiefer
Could you provide the link to use on the usermenu? Seems odd to not have it in with the other forum tools at the top of the forum.

Having the ability to change the profiles in the forum and jomsocial will confuse the user.

Seems much better to have the actual profile stay in Jomsocial (Or CB or whatever you are integrating with), while having the other forum features stay in the forum in the top menu alike the forum profiles are now.(maybe call them tools).

Maybe the developers can add this in future releases. Seems easy enough, in concept anyway.

More
14 years 11 months ago - 14 years 11 months ago #4 by johnnydement
Yes, we have the intention to do so, undortunatelly is a 2 ways work, we've pushed integratin as far as we could, now is for azrul to make jomsocial fields be able to write/read in kunena signature field... we could do the other way around, but is impossible for us, as there's no fixed field for this... I mean, js can make a field be stored in kunena signature field, but kunena can't usa a field from js to store the info, as it doesn't exist yet! ;( is not same as avatar, we're able to pick it, as the field exist in database from the start...

Dunno if I made myself clear :P

On the meantime, It was just a turn to be albe to use signatures and so, without losing the jomsocial integration ;)

Could you provide the link to use on the usermenu? Seems odd to not have it in with the other forum tools at the top of the forum.

You have it ;) is the my profile tab, but when you have js integration on, it gets redirected to js profile :P
About URL, for example in kunena site, we're we have joomla core SEF enabled, would be: www.kunena.com/forum?func=myprofile

Same for the rest of forum related issues, favorites, subscriptions... we have these stored on fixed parts, jomsocial retrieving them would do much more sense than us triing to guess we're the js user will store them don't you think? ;)
Last edit: 14 years 11 months ago by johnnydement.

More
14 years 11 months ago #5 by lelkins
The way that I have done this for now which works quite well is to add a link in the hello_me mod to edit the Kunena Forum Profile and then I edited that page to just display the forum settings, such as sig and order. This way there is no duplicate information.

More
14 years 11 months ago #6 by jgkiefer
Thank you all for such a through reply. I will look into this a bit further. :blink:

More
13 years 8 months ago #7 by xristo
Is there really a need to use JomSocial or Community Builder if you've already installed Kunena, AlphaUserPoints and Gallery? I'm just curious why or how it would be used

More
13 years 7 months ago - 13 years 7 months ago #8 by vvolf69

johnnydement wrote: Yes, we have the intention to do so, undortunatelly is a 2 ways work, we've pushed integratin as far as we could, now is for azrul to make jomsocial fields be able to write/read in kunena signature field... we could do the other way around, but is impossible for us, as there's no fixed field for this... I mean, js can make a field be stored in kunena signature field, but kunena can't usa a field from js to store the info, as it doesn't exist yet! ;( is not same as avatar, we're able to pick it, as the field exist in database from the start...

Dunno if I made myself clear :P

this is total bullshit...

each profile field in jomsocial is identified by a unique id and you can get it´s content by using this id. so simply make an option to use a field id of jomsocial instead of the original kunena signature field and you are done.

now you can make a custom field in your jomsocial profile for the signature and add its id to kunena. all you need is an input field in the integration dialogue in the backend. has to be done once and everything is fine... it is the same as picking an avatr. just saying.

i did this myself for kunena 1.5.8 and it worked without any problem.
Last edit: 13 years 7 months ago by vvolf69.

More
13 years 7 months ago #9 by fxstein
FYI - this thread is very old and outdated.

We love stars on the Joomla Extension Directory . :-)

More
13 years 7 months ago #10 by psexton
Is there a current answer to the question regarding subscription management with js integration? Or do we still need to have both profiles linked?:sick:

Time to create page: 0.432 seconds