Kunena 6.3.0 released

The Kunena team has announce the arrival of Kunena 6.3.0 [K 6.3.0] in stable which is now available for download as a native Joomla extension for J! 4.4.x/5.0.x/5.1.x. This version addresses most of the issues that were discovered in K 6.2 and issues discovered during the last development stages of K 6.3

This category contains miscellaneous, uncategorised third-party extensions (e.g. JomSocial, Community Builder, etc.) relating to older versions of Kunena that are no longer supported.

This category may also contain a few topics relating to K 1.6 that may have been moved here possibly by mistake.

The topics in this category are for historical interest only. Owing to the structural differences between K 1.6 and K 1.7, the ideas in these topics may not work with later versions and, for that reason, the topics are locked.

Question Is it Possible to Use Kunena's Profile Page Outside of Kunena????

More
15 years 2 weeks ago #1 by mike177
Is it possible to make Kunena's profile the default profile page for all of joomla including community builder????

I like the slick feel of kunena's profile page. I know that I can use it inside of the forum, but what I really want to know is can I use it outside of the forum.

Note: I am running joomla 1.5 (in legacy mode so I can run kunena 1.0.9) and I have community builder 1.2 installed.

Has anyone tried this?

Thanks,
Mike

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
15 years 2 weeks ago - 15 years 2 weeks ago #2 by sozzled
I can't imagine the need to use the Kunena user profile outside of the Kunena forum ... after all, that's what it was designed for. Kunena doesn't function like Community Builder - which has its own user registration and login modules. However, if the developers were to extend Kunena into the community site management market then the situation would be different.

I agree that the Kunena user profile display looks slick. I agree that it might even be desirable, somewhere down the track (in the distant future), for the development team to consider the potential to extend Kunena beyond its current niche appeal and into the broader community site management market.

It's not difficult to display your users' Kunena profiles without them having to access the forum: create a menu item that links to <your-domain-name>/forum?func=userlist and you're nine-tenths of the way to completing the job.

You ask if anyone's tried to do this? My answer is that it's probably not worth the effort. Even so, it's your choice.

Cheers B)
Last edit: 15 years 2 weeks ago by sozzled.

More
15 years 2 weeks ago #3 by grumblemarc
The need would be trying to replicate some kind of Social Networking look for his site. A lot of unnecessary work when there are already solutions out there.

We love stars on the Joomla Extension Directory . :-)

More
15 years 2 weeks ago #4 by mike177
Great... if it is already built, then that is even better.

I have no desire to re-create the wheel. All I know is that the wheel I want does not exist within my "known" universe.

Any thoughts on where I can find it?

Many thanks.

More
15 years 2 weeks ago #5 by sozzled
I'm sorry, Mike177. I don't understand your question.

Time to create page: 0.540 seconds