Kunena 6.3.0 released

The Kunena team has announce the arrival of Kunena 6.3.0 [K 6.3.0] in stable which is now available for download as a native Joomla extension for J! 4.4.x/5.0.x/5.1.x. This version addresses most of the issues that were discovered in K 6.2 and issues discovered during the last development stages of K 6.3

This category contains miscellaneous, uncategorised user contributions, (templates, modules, plugins and hacks) relating to older versions of Kunena that are no longer supported.

This category may also contain a few topics relating to K 1.6 that may have been moved here possibly by mistake.

The topics in this category are for historical interest only. Owing to the structural differences between K 1.6 and K 1.7, these ideas in these topics will not work with later versions and, for that reason, the topics are locked.

Question Kunena 1.6 latest posts jomsocial 1.8 plugin

More
13 years 7 months ago - 13 years 7 months ago #1 by F0l2saken
I saw people asking about this on another thread and someone told them they had to use svn to get this. This is not the case, all you have to do is read what kunena said in the rc2 release readme, it uses __kunena for database prefixes instead of __fb.

All you have to do to get the kunena jomsocial my kunena posts plugin working is locate the file kunena.php which is located in your joomla root/plugins/community directory. Open it with your favorite text editor, search for __fb, and replace with __kunena.

I've done this and now it displays the posts correctly.

I'll attach the modified version incase you just want to copy it

File Attachment:

File Name: kunena.zip
File Size:3 KB

Just unzip it, you'll find kunena.php, copy it to your joomlaroot/plugins/community directory and overwrite the old kunena.php
Attachments:
Last edit: 13 years 7 months ago by F0l2saken.
The following user(s) said Thank You: ZeroKewl

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
13 years 7 months ago - 13 years 7 months ago #2 by WinuxFF
Try to utilize the best of these
Code:
public function getTopicsTotal($userid) { $result = $this->getTopics($userid); return $result->total; } public function getTopics($userid, $start = 0, $limit = 10, $search=false) { require_once (KUNENA_PATH_FUNCS . DS . 'latestx.php'); $obj = new CKunenaLatestX('usertopics', 0); $obj->user = JUser::getInstance ( $userid ); $obj->offset = $start; $obj->threads_per_page = $limit; $obj->getUserTopics(); $result = new stdClass(); $result->total = $obj->total; $result->messages = $obj->threads; return $result; } public function getPostsTotal($userid) { $result = $this->getPosts($userid); return $result->total; } public function getPosts($userid, $start = 0, $limit = 10, $search=false) { require_once (KUNENA_PATH_FUNCS . DS . 'latestx.php'); $obj = new CKunenaLatestX('ownposts', 0); $obj->user = JUser::getInstance ( $userid ); $obj->offset = $start; $obj->threads_per_page = $limit; $obj->getUserPosts(); $result = new stdClass(); $result->total = $obj->total; $result->messages = $obj->customreply; return $result; } public function getFavoritesTotal($userid) { $result = $this->getFavorites($userid); return $result->total; } public function getFavorites($userid, $start = 0, $limit = 10, $search=false) { require_once (KUNENA_PATH_FUNCS . DS . 'latestx.php'); $obj = new CKunenaLatestX('favorites', 0); $obj->user = JUser::getInstance ( $userid ); $obj->offset = $start; $obj->threads_per_page = $limit; $obj->getFavorites(); $result = new stdClass(); $result->total = $obj->total; $result->messages = $obj->threads; return $result; }

As an optimization junkie, i for one will definitely avoid sql based plugins.
Last edit: 13 years 7 months ago by WinuxFF.

More
13 years 6 months ago #3 by ZeroKewl
@WinuxFF - Thanks for posting this. Can you please elaborate a bit mor where to insert the code above? Thx!

More
13 years 6 months ago #4 by WinuxFF
Hi ZeroKewl
Are you familiar with creating the Joomla plugins from scratch?
The code i provided is just a small part of new Kunena 1.6 API, which will let you create plugins to show almost every detail of users activity on forums without the need to struck your database with unnecessary calls.

There is no right place for code above for you to place it.
New plugin must be built from scratch!

More
13 years 3 months ago #5 by ZeroKewl
Nup - I am not (yet) though I am continuously expanding my capabilities (lol)

I think I'll wait until someone else has solved the riddle.

Time to create page: 0.485 seconds