Kunena 6.2.6 released

The Kunena team has announce the arrival of Kunena 6.2.6 [K 6.2.6] which is now available for download as a native Joomla extension for J! 4.4.x/5.0.x. This version addresses most of the issues that were discovered in K 6.1 / K 6.2 and issues discovered during the last development stages of K 6.2

This category contains miscellaneous, uncategorised user contributions, (templates, modules, plugins and hacks) relating to older versions of Kunena that are no longer supported.

This category may also contain a few topics relating to K 1.6 that may have been moved here possibly by mistake.

The topics in this category are for historical interest only. Owing to the structural differences between K 1.6 and K 1.7, these ideas in these topics will not work with later versions and, for that reason, the topics are locked.

Question Problems with the Deep Dark Template for 1.5.3

More
14 years 9 months ago - 14 years 9 months ago #1 by tmaximus95
The Deep Dark template is messed up.

Kunena seems to be installed properly, because it works fine with the "Default-ex" template that comes with the package... However, these new templates for 1.5.3 have some problems.

Once I install the template to the template directory, and unzip it, I go back to Kunena admin and select that template. (I have my Kunena set to default to "Categories" view).

When I try to view the forum, I get nothing but a white screen with the categories, etc... but it's completely devoid of any template attributes.

However, I clicked on one of the categories that was in the list on the front page, and the template showed up properly.

I checked my php settings and the Joomla install, and there's nothing wrong with it. I also had my hosting company check on it for me, and they told me that the problem was with either Kunena or the Template. (The suspected it is the Template since the Default-ex template works beautifully.

I think the new versions of the templates (updated from 1.X.X to 1.5.X) have some issues. I don't think they are ready for prime time yet. But one interesting thing is that none of the kenlapz templates available for kunena1.5.3 will work on my system. This is strange. The kicker is that the Default-ex template works fine.

My Joomla! 1.5.12 install is not in the root directory. It is in a sub-folder from the root. I have seen pat errors on even some of the pre-installed templates in the 1.5.3 version of Kunena. There may be a problem with "path detection?"

My Joomla install is on a huge server running Linux "CentOS Server."

Any suggestions on how to resolve this?

Walt.
Last edit: 14 years 9 months ago by tmaximus95.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
14 years 9 months ago #2 by svanschu
I would try to contact the dev of your template and tell him that issue. That sounds like he changed something in the php files or so....

More
14 years 9 months ago #3 by kenlapz
I had check the issue, directly on his website, but there is something weird.

when we upload and extract a template on the components/com_kunena/templates, then we go to the kunena configuration, the new template wont appear on the list.

i never experience this problem before, maybe someone can give some clue.

Time to create page: 0.409 seconds