Kunena 6.2.5 & module Kunena Latest 6.0.7 released

The Kunena team has announce the arrival of Kunena 6.2.5 [K 6.2.5] which is now available for download as a native Joomla extension for J! 4.3.x/4.4.x/5.0.x. This version addresses most of the issues that were discovered in K 6.1 / K 6.2 and issues discovered during the last development stages of K 6.2

This category contains miscellaneous, uncategorised user contributions, (templates, modules, plugins and hacks) relating to older versions of Kunena that are no longer supported.

This category may also contain a few topics relating to K 1.6 that may have been moved here possibly by mistake.

The topics in this category are for historical interest only. Owing to the structural differences between K 1.6 and K 1.7, these ideas in these topics will not work with later versions and, for that reason, the topics are locked.

Question New users need moderator approval for x first messages

More
14 years 10 months ago - 14 years 10 months ago #1 by Matias
This hack modifies all forums to work as moderated forums for new users (with less than x posts).

During that time user gets this message when he writes a new message: "Your message has been successfully posted. It will be reviewed by a moderator before it will be published on the forum."

Also all posts made by anonymous users needs approval.

-- cut --

Edit default/post.php:

Find (around line 223):
Code:
$holdPost = $database->loadResult();

Add this just after that line:
Code:
if ($holdPost == 0) { $minposts = 10; if ($my->id) { $database->setQuery("SELECT (posts<{$minposts}) AS review FROM jos_fb_users WHERE userid={$my->id}"); $database->query() or trigger_dberror('Unable to load post count from current user.'); $holdPost = $database->loadResult(); } else if ($minposts > 0) { $holdPost = 1; } }

Now modify $minposts to have your preferred value.

That's it!

EDIT: added hold for anonymous users.
Last edit: 14 years 10 months ago by Matias.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
14 years 10 months ago - 14 years 10 months ago #2 by woonydanny
woohoo!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I will definately be implementing this very soon. This is something ive been wanting for ages.

thankyou!!!

(would be great down the track to have this as a backend config option) :)

still wish that i can write my forum signature through a jomsocial plugin and do it from my jomsocial profile :(
Last edit: 14 years 10 months ago by woonydanny.

More
14 years 10 months ago #3 by Matias
Modified hack a bit to moderate all posts made by anonymous users, if $minposts > 0.

More
14 years 10 months ago #4 by Matias
Unfortunately there will be no emails send to the moderators.. :( So the only way to see if there is new messages waiting is to enter into that forum.

More
14 years 1 month ago #5 by FlashDeveloper
I am trying this approach for my Kunena Forum, but there is no post.php file in the default_ex folder, only in the default folder. When I try to switch templates from defualt_ex to defualt, I have no option for just "default". I imagine if I did, I could make those edits work.

More
14 years 1 month ago - 14 years 1 month ago #6 by sozzled
FlashDeveloper wrote:

I am trying this approach for my Kunena Forum, but there is no post.php file in the default_ex folder, only in the default folder. When I try to switch templates from defualt_ex to default, I have no option for just "default". I imagine if I did, I could make those edits work.

That is correct: the file post.php resides in the folder ../components/com_kunena/template/default/ however this has nothing to do with the default template which actually doesn't even exist with new installations of K 1.5.8 on later.

This is a peculiarity of the design of Fireboard that has stayed with Kunena 1.5 (the behaviour changes from K 1.6). There is no need to even try to change templates. Make the changes to post.php; whatever you change there will apply to whatever template you are using. :)
Last edit: 14 years 1 month ago by sozzled.

More
14 years 4 days ago #7 by igorimc
Hello...
Excuse my english...

Can this hack apply to K1.5.9 ??

Thanks

Igor!

More
14 years 4 days ago #8 by xillibit
Hello,

yes, you can apply this hack on K1.5.9, the lines number could be different.

I don't provide support by PM, because this can be useful for someone else.

More
14 years 4 days ago #9 by sozzled
The tip/hack/suggestion posted by Matias in #15410 was written 10 months ago (around the time of K 1.0.9). There have been 8 official releases of Kunena since then.

There are no guarantees that anything written in the this category will work or may continue to work in later releases of Kunena. Further, you would probably be wasting your time modifying K 1.5.9 because K 1.5.10 has already been released (although it's imperfect) and K 1.5.11 will be released very soon. But, even more importantly, just as K 1.5 made considerable changes to the way that K 1.0 was built, the next generation K 1.6 will invalidate many of the coding structures and conventions used in K 1.5.

Although the ideas used in this topic are still relevant to those perhaps looking for a solution, the implementation of them is outdated.

More
14 years 4 days ago #10 by igorimc
I have disturbed Matias... very very gentleman...

The solution for 1.5.9:

in /components/com_kunena/template/default/post.php

around line number 443 I have this code:
Code:
$holdPost = $kunena_db->loadResult(); } // // Final chance to check whether or not to proceed

ok...

replace with:
Code:
$holdPost = $kunena_db->loadResult(); } $kuser = new CKunenaUserprofile(); if ($kuser->posts < 1) $holdPost = 1; // // Final chance to check whether or not to proceed

This solution work fine in 1.5.9.

...$kuser->posts < 1... set the numeber of messages.

This solution is not perfect for robot post, I have set $kuser->karma < 1

In this mode I assign karma to user that can post directly.

Thanks for support Matias.

Bye

Riboni Igor

Time to create page: 0.365 seconds