Kunena 6.2.5 & module Kunena Latest 6.0.7 released

The Kunena team has announce the arrival of Kunena 6.2.5 [K 6.2.5] which is now available for download as a native Joomla extension for J! 4.3.x/4.4.x/5.0.x. This version addresses most of the issues that were discovered in K 6.1 / K 6.2 and issues discovered during the last development stages of K 6.2

This category contains miscellaneous, uncategorised user contributions, (templates, modules, plugins and hacks) relating to older versions of Kunena that are no longer supported.

This category may also contain a few topics relating to K 1.6 that may have been moved here possibly by mistake.

The topics in this category are for historical interest only. Owing to the structural differences between K 1.6 and K 1.7, these ideas in these topics will not work with later versions and, for that reason, the topics are locked.

Question How to hide the Login / Register

More
14 years 11 months ago #1 by TheSaint
Hi All,
Not sure if this will be usefull for anyone but I'm using community builder and have installed Kunena, now i didn't want the login/ register/ profile on the top, since I had the login and register buttons along with the "who's online" on the side menu of my Joomla
NOTE : there may be better ways, this is what worked for me.

I found a post where someone said the easiest way to fit this was change the CSS, and provided the solution below
Code:
td.fb_profileboxcnt{ width:95%; display:none; /*<--- Add This Line*/ }
But if the user had a Avatar, which all users did. then the picture would still appear.
so I added this as well.
Code:
/* HEADER*/ #Kunena .fb_header {background: #555555;height: 30px; } #Kunena .fb_header_th_1 { padding:5px; } td.fb_profileboxcnt{ width:95%; } #Kunena .fb_profilebox{ /*<--- Add This Line*/ display:none; /*<--- Add This Line*/ } /*<--- Add This Line*/

And this worked for me. Hope this helps someone else.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
14 years 11 months ago #2 by sozzled
This is an excellent suggestion! It's simple, it works, and it addresses a few other issues that we've been discussing lately ... and it deserves a bonus karma point :cheer:

There's been a lot of debate here about the Kunena login "box" and how it interferes with other aspects of users' sites: see Question CB and Forum and Login alteration discussions as two examples of these. It almost boils down to the question (and I mean no disrepect to the Kunena developers for stating it bluntly) "Why bother with the Kunena login box?" Of course, it's a rhetorical question (the answer depends on how users organise their sites) but maybe a better solution would be to have a Kunena configuration parameter "Would you like a login box?"

Thank you very much for this valuable contribution. It's helped me. :)

More
14 years 11 months ago #3 by Lintzy
Here is another solution, how to do solve this:

www.kunena.com/forum?func=view&catid=36&...mit=10&start=10#6452

More
14 years 11 months ago #4 by bytebandit01
TheSaint wrote:

Hi All,
Not sure if this will be usefull for anyone but I'm using community builder and have installed Kunena, now i didn't want the login/ register/ profile on the top, since I had the login and register buttons along with the "who's online" on the side menu of my Joomla
NOTE : there may be better ways, this is what worked for me.

I found a post where someone said the easiest way to fit this was change the CSS, and provided the solution below

Code:
td.fb_profileboxcnt{ width:95%; display:none; /*<--- Add This Line*/ }
But if the user had a Avatar, which all users did. then the picture would still appear.
so I added this as well.
Code:
/* HEADER*/ #Kunena .fb_header {background: #555555;height: 30px; } #Kunena .fb_header_th_1 { padding:5px; } td.fb_profileboxcnt{ width:95%; } #Kunena .fb_profilebox{ /*<--- Add This Line*/ display:none; /*<--- Add This Line*/ } /*<--- Add This Line*/

And this worked for me. Hope this helps someone else.

this is best suited for regular members.. however if your are the moderator/admin you will no longer have the link to the announcements..

but thank you for sharing this.. it's very simple and it serves the purpose ;)

More
14 years 11 months ago - 14 years 11 months ago #5 by sozzled
bytebandit01 wrote:

This is best suited for regular member; however if you are the moderator/admin you will no longer have the link to the announcements.

Yes, this troubled me for a few moments, too, however it's not a total loss.

If you are a mod/admin and you're viewing the "Recent Discussions" or "My Discussions", yes, I agree, not having the profilebox is an issue because it means you don't have a quick link to the announcement control panel (../index.php?option=com_kunena&func=announcement&do=show). If, however, you select the "Categories" tab, you will have access to the announcements maintenance area. B)

This "announcements" behaviour may have changed with Kunena 1.0.9. :unsure:
Last edit: 14 years 11 months ago by sozzled.

More
14 years 11 months ago #6 by Lintzy
And this happens not with the solution, that you find under my posted link above.

Edit profile.box (and comment out - red marked) line 201 - 207

<!-- <a href <br/> <?php echo _PROFILEBOX_PLEASE; ?>

= "<?php echo $loginlink;?>"><?php echo _PROFILEBOX_LOGIN; ?></a> <?php echo _PROFILEBOX_OR; ?> <a href = "<?php echo $registerlink;?>"><?php echo _PROFILEBOX_REGISTER; ?></a>.
&nbsp;&nbsp;
<a href = "<?php echo $lostpasslink;?>"><?php echo _PROFILEBOX_LOST_PASSWORD; ?></a> -->

And for to hide the logout (line 137)

<a href = "<?php echo $jr_latestpost ; ?>"><?php
echo _PROFILEBOX_SHOW_LATEST_POSTS; ?> </a> | <?php echo $jr_profilelink; ?> <!--| <a href = "<?php echo $logoutlink;?>"> <?php echo _PROFILEBOX_LOGOUT; ?></a> -->

More
14 years 9 months ago #7 by galwen
I attached the profilebox.php (Kunena 1.0.10) it works for me :) it hide Login/Register. It is for someone who can't do it by yourself xD (Sorry for my English, it is not good :P)

File Attachment:

File Name: profilebox...4e37.zip
File Size:2 KB
Attachments:

More
14 years 8 months ago #8 by Toolcrazy
Only problem with this fix, it is also hides the links to member profile and....

Show Latest Posts | My Profile | Logout | Announcements | Advanced Search

So this isn't a good solution.

More
14 years 8 months ago - 14 years 8 months ago #9 by sozzled
@Toolcrazy: Just so that I can be sure I understand your question, would you please indicate on this image what you would like to see done?

Attachments:
Last edit: 14 years 8 months ago by sozzled.

More
14 years 8 months ago - 14 years 8 months ago #10 by Toolcrazy
You don't understand, it is when the member is logged in. That the

Show Latest Posts | My Profile | Logout | Announcements | Advanced Search

isn't showing. Doesn't matter, instead of hiding the links, I just changed them to point to the proper ones. It isn't pretty, but it works on both logged out and logged in.
Last edit: 14 years 8 months ago by Toolcrazy.

Time to create page: 0.448 seconds