Kunena 5.2.4 and Blue eagle 1.6.4 released (04 Apr 2021)

The Kunena team has announce the arrival of Kunena 5.2.4 [K 5.2.4] which is now available for download as a native Joomla extension for J! 3.9.x. This version addresses most of the issues that were discovered in K 5.2 and issues discovered during the development stages of K 5.2.4

REQUIREMENTS
Blue Eagle 1.6.x requires Kunena 5.2.x to work with, this template isn't designed to works with Bootstrap 3 and Bootstrap 4.

× Topics that are moved into this category are generally considered to be closed. Users may want to add additional information but these topics should not be resurrected in order to discuss new problems or unrelated matters.

Question Dilemma still, big board on vB with big gallery

More
10 years 1 month ago #1 by BeTheDance
I keep waiting for the right solution and I'm still not sure which way to go.

I have a successful forum on vB 3.8.1 with over 500,000 posts AND integrated with the forum is a PhotoPost gallery of over 15,000 photos.

I really want to migrate this very old HTML site to Joomla. I will NOT upgrade to vB 4.x. I've been considering IP Board because of the gallery integration.

Kunena is still short on private forums (from what I can tell) and doesn't have the photo integration.

I've used a variety of photo galleries on other sites, and none have impressed me as anything overly wonderful or integrated well with the rest of the user experience.

I'm using JomSocial AND Kunena AND jReviews on another sister site, but was able to start fresh with that site. IDEALLY I'd love to be able to share logon's between these two sites.

I need some expert opinions/help. The vB/Photopost site is aging and needs to be updated.

Any guidance, greatly appreciated.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
10 years 1 month ago #2 by xreliable
As far as I know there still is no easy way to convert a vb forum to Kunena. I did some testing converting a vb forum with about 500k posts to Kunena and was able to complete the conversion by doing a multi-staged conversion. If I recall correctly - this being about 3 months ago, I setup a staging site and installed an old version of Fireboard then converted the vb Forum to SMF then used the FB SMF converter then updated from FB>Kunena. I believe though I may be mistaken I had to go 1.5 then 1.6 - not direct to K1.6. Pretty tedious and I'm not sure why converters have not been a higher priority for Kunena. I'm positive this has kept many users from switching to Kunena. I decided to stick with vb until Kunena was a little more polished. But I understand very much where you are coming from. I waited for a few years for the always promised vb CMS, purchased the clunky VB Blogging component before that thinking it would be a predecessor to the CMS. Then when it finally arrived, big disappointment.
For integrating your two sites and using JomSocial, try jfusion. I've used it successfully and they also have a supported vb plugin. The joomla to joomla shared login will work no problem with jfusion. jfusion.org Then you could use the JomSocial photogallery capabilities or tons of other Joomla options.

More
10 years 1 month ago #3 by sozzled
FYI you can upgrade directly from Fireboard to K 1.6.3

• Not Allowed: to create new topic.
  • Not Allowed: to reply.
  • Not Allowed: to edit your message.
Time to create page: 0.087 seconds