Kunena 6.3.0 released

The Kunena team has announce the arrival of Kunena 6.3.0 [K 6.3.0] in stable which is now available for download as a native Joomla extension for J! 4.4.x/5.0.x/5.1.x. This version addresses most of the issues that were discovered in K 6.2 and issues discovered during the last development stages of K 6.3

Topics that are moved into this category are generally considered to be closed. Users may want to add additional information but these topics should not be resurrected in order to discuss new problems or unrelated matters.

Question Greek Language ccboard migration successfull utf-8 in post failed (dummy text)

More
11 years 10 months ago #1 by zisopoulos
Dear kunena support i installed in my 1.5.25 joomla kunena and kunena importer to migrate my old ccboard
to the latest kunena everything went fine users topics moderators and post are transfered as they should
only problem is the encoding of the post content my database is charste (utf8) collation (utf8_general_ci) and innodb for kunena and ccboard tables.. is there something i can alter to the importer script so that it makes right the transfer? Is it possible tha because i used jce in ccboard that all the post are failing any ideas will be helpfull.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
11 years 10 months ago #2 by Matias
What's wrong? UTF8 should display the content right, but if you mean HTML, you're out of luck -- Kunena Importer can only convert basic HTML, not all of it.

More
11 years 10 months ago #3 by zisopoulos
no i mean my post that are moved to kunena have dummy characters and i dont know why the titles of the post seem alright but the content not.

More
11 years 10 months ago #4 by Matias
Can you give a screenshot? Usually you get this kind of issue if some of the tables wasn't saved in UTF-8. Importer should use whatever collation the old table had, but of course there may be a bug that's causing this -- for example while converting HTML to BBCode.

Time to create page: 0.469 seconds