Kunena 6.2.6 released

The Kunena team has announce the arrival of Kunena 6.2.6 [K 6.2.6] which is now available for download as a native Joomla extension for J! 4.4.x/5.0.x. This version addresses most of the issues that were discovered in K 6.1 / K 6.2 and issues discovered during the last development stages of K 6.2

Topics that are moved into this category are generally considered to be closed. Users may want to add additional information but these topics should not be resurrected in order to discuss new problems or unrelated matters.

Solved [Resolved] Agora 3.0.145 -> Kunena 1.7.2 with J! 1.5.25

More
12 years 1 week ago #1 by Kyos
Hello

I do not manage to migrate correctly my present forum Agora 3.0.145 to a forum Kunena 1.7.2, under Joomla 1.5.25, using KunenaImporter 1.7.1.

All messages were not properly categorized, many remaining in "Recent Topics". In addition, messages that appear to be well affected are not accessible from the index page. For example, in the third attachment, I am told that there is no topic in the forum, while in the index page (first attachment), I find it announced six subjects with 41 responses, which the passage seems to confirm that the catid for these subjects are correct.

Thank you for your help.

PS: Forgive me of my very bad English. Actually, I use an automatic translator.
Attachments:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
12 years 5 days ago #2 by Reink
With our migration from Joomla 1.5.x to 2.5.x we would like to change the forum software from Agora to Kunena. While setiign up a test system te test the migration of the forum we ran into very simular issues.

The migration was tested with Joomla 1.5.26, Agora 3.0.142, Kunena 1.7.2 and Kunena Forum Importer 1.7.1.

In the index of the Kunena Forum I see the correct amount of Topics and Replies in each Category but when I open a category not all topics are shown.

When I hover a topic the contents which are shown do not belong to the topic of which the title is hovered. (The hover text when hovering the "Last Post" text is the same as the Title).

When clicking on a topic sometimes a different topic is opened or the error "An invalid post ID was requested." is displayed.

More
12 years 4 days ago - 11 years 11 months ago #3 by sozzled
Use the results of this search to pinpoint the cause of your problem.
Last edit: 11 years 11 months ago by sozzled.

More
12 years 3 days ago #4 by Reink
I tried with a fresh copy of our forum with all SEO disabled to run the Kunena Importer 1.7.1 still having the exact same issues.

But...
I found a rather unusual workaround:
I installed an old version of Kunena (1.5.9), and used the component "Kunena Converter" to import the Agora forum to Kunena. This worked rather well (missing all forum specific user profiles but the content of the forum is there)

After a upgrade from Kunena 1.5.9 to Kunena 1.7.2 everything keeps working, also with our SEF url's enabled.

More
12 years 1 day ago - 12 years 1 day ago #5 by lagen
I have the same problem, someone success to solve this problem?
when I try with Kunena 1.5.9 the Kunena importer not find Kunena and therefore could not start the import.

Reink wrote: With our migration from Joomla 1.5.x to 2.5.x we would like to change the forum software from Agora to Kunena. While setiign up a test system te test the migration of the forum we ran into very simular issues.

The migration was tested with Joomla 1.5.26, Agora 3.0.142, Kunena 1.7.2 and Kunena Forum Importer 1.7.1.

In the index of the Kunena Forum I see the correct amount of Topics and Replies in each Category but when I open a category not all topics are shown.

When I hover a topic the contents which are shown do not belong to the topic of which the title is hovered. (The hover text when hovering the "Last Post" text is the same as the Title).

When clicking on a topic sometimes a different topic is opened or the error "An invalid post ID was requested." is displayed.

Last edit: 12 years 1 day ago by lagen.

More
12 years 1 day ago #6 by Reink
I did not use the "Kunena Forum Importer" to convert Agora to Kunena 1.5.9 as it is not compatible.

I used Kunena Converters to import Agora to Kunena 1.5.9 and afterwards I upgraded Kunena 1.5.9 to 1.7.2.

The Kunena Converters does NOT migrate attachments/avatars and it seems i'm also missing some user-profile data. But all the categories with posts are correct in Kunena.
The following user(s) said Thank You: lagen

More
12 years 1 day ago #7 by lagen
Thanks this solve the problem.

THANKS ALOT!!!!!!

More
12 years 1 day ago #8 by lagen
This problem I have when migrate with Kunena 1.5.9

1. Polls is gone(message still be there but the poll is gone)
2. Every first message in topic is double.
3. When click on image it's only show tumbnail.

solutions.

1. I have to realize the polls is gone(I not try to fix to)
2. I create a Excel that manage this problem, So this I SOLVE.
3. my website have only about 50 image, I will fix manual.

For me I think only number 2 was major but I found out a easy way to manage.

I feel happy with Kunena and feel so much freedom after I success to get away with Agora.

More
11 years 11 months ago #9 by Ha
Hello lagen

Can you explain how you used an excel to solve the problem with the double topics?
Thanks!

Time to create page: 3.606 seconds