Kunena 6.3.0 released

The Kunena team has announce the arrival of Kunena 6.3.0 [K 6.3.0] in stable which is now available for download as a native Joomla extension for J! 4.4.x/5.0.x/5.1.x. This version addresses most of the issues that were discovered in K 6.2 and issues discovered during the last development stages of K 6.3

Topics that are moved into this category are generally considered to be closed. Users may want to add additional information but these topics should not be resurrected in order to discuss new problems or unrelated matters.

Question Successful migration from phpBB3 to Joomla and Kunena 1.7

More
12 years 7 months ago #1 by DTP2
First of all I would like to thank the team for their efforts in releasing the new version! Great work guys! Especially I would like to Thank Matias because I ran into some bugs while converting and he solved them within minutes. The fix is also available for all the other users.

Now my forum that originates back from 2004 is migrated successfully and runs fast and reliable. You can check it out at www.grafischforum.nl Nothing special, but I'm proud of it.

Some small things I need to solve like the huge white space above the header and I REALLY would like to be able to define the ordering of the posts from the back end (first post last <> last post first). This should be something that the site owner can configure as standard behaviour. If a user wants to change this afterwards in his own user settings that's fine by me.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
12 years 7 months ago #2 by asusnet
You can say us how make the migration please....

More
12 years 7 months ago #3 by DTP2
Go to www.kunena.org/download and download the Kunena forum importer. Install this in your Joomla installation already containing Kunena and follow the steps from the importer.
The following user(s) said Thank You: asusnet

More
12 years 7 months ago #4 by asusnet
Thank you!!

i try it and transfer all things to kunena 1.7.
Except password....

More
12 years 7 months ago #5 by DTP2
Glad you succeeded. My migration also went flawless and also the passwords failed. If the forum members click forgot password and reset it one time everything should be fine.
The following user(s) said Thank You: asusnet

More
11 years 9 months ago #6 by antony
After the successful migration from phpbb3 to kunena 1.7 with kunena importer.

Below are the major issues:

1. All the users not able to login with their old password. plz help me there are 7500 users.
2. A user needs to reset a password means the token send to mail id is not working it display error as invalid token...

Can anybody help me to solve this problem...

More
11 years 9 months ago #7 by Matias
1. Old passwords cannot work without phpBB authentication plugin. And there's no other way to make them to work as only phpBB knows how they were salted.
2. That must be Joomla bug. Which version of Joomla do you have?

More
11 years 9 months ago #8 by antony
Hi,

Im using Joomla! 2.5.4 & Kunena 1.7.2. Is there any possibility plz give solution.

More
11 years 9 months ago #9 by Matias
I recommend you to upgrade to the latest version of Joomla and try if the reset password issue has been fixed by upgrade. I remember seeing some password related bugfix in Joomla.

All the phpBB passwords are kept in Kunena importer database, but there's currently no authentication plugin created for it.

Time to create page: 0.621 seconds