Kunena 6.3.0 released

The Kunena team has announce the arrival of Kunena 6.3.0 [K 6.3.0] in stable which is now available for download as a native Joomla extension for J! 4.4.x/5.0.x/5.1.x. This version addresses most of the issues that were discovered in K 6.2 and issues discovered during the last development stages of K 6.3

Topics that are moved into this category are generally considered to be closed. Users may want to add additional information but these topics should not be resurrected in order to discuss new problems or unrelated matters.

Question Migrating from Kunena to Kunena???

More
12 years 7 months ago #1 by Mikesla
Hi.

I am running 1.5x Joomla website, and of course I have Kunena installed. I am going to be swapping over all the information from my Joomla site to the latest 1.7 version unfortunately the majority of the information is in my Kunena forum.

So will you be offering a Kunena to Kunena migrate option by any chance?

Thank you for such a great product. :)

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
12 years 7 months ago - 12 years 7 months ago #2 by Admata

Mikesla wrote: So will you be offering a Kunena to Kunena migrate option by any chance?

Have you read the offical K 1.6 & K 1.7 Upgrade Guide in Kunena Wiki?

I think you should mention what is your present Kunena version? Last versions migrations have been made automatic in Kunena installation. I´m quite sure that upgrade is possible from every version, but if you use some old version of Kunena, there might be some extra steps. (I´m just an old user, but I have messages in my Kunena 1.7 from the start of Kunena and before.)

Allways remember to backup before upgrade, just in case ;)

EDIT: Sorry, I was reading carelessly. So you are updating Joomla version - not Kunena? I let the wisers to answer that, but so far as I know the same Kunena (1.7) should be compatible to all (new) Joomla versions :blush:
Last edit: 12 years 7 months ago by Admata.

More
12 years 7 months ago - 12 years 7 months ago #3 by Mikesla
Hi, and thank you for the response.

Okay maybe I am not explaining this properly so I'll take another stab at it. At the moment I am running 1.523 version of Joomla, and I have Kunena 1.7 installed.

Now I am wanting to create a new website with Joomla 1.7, and have Kunena 1.7 installed (makes perfect sense, I love Kunena). So all I want to do is to import all of the Kunena forum posts, and etc from my Joomla 1.523 website Kunena forum into my new improved website kunena forum.

Which is why I am asking for a kunena importer. Instead of importing from some other format, I'm wanting to import from another kunena forum, that is it, Simple, and sweet.

Oh just to make it perfectly clear, I am running 1.7 of Kunena on both websites so there would be absolutely NO conflict of Kunena versions.

Also, I am not trying to migrate from Joomla 1.523 to 1.7 that is simply not possible, so I am installing from scratch a new Joomla 1.7 (I just have to transfer all over by hand...groan).

cheers.
Last edit: 12 years 7 months ago by Mikesla.

More
12 years 7 months ago #4 by Matias
Migrator supported Kunena a year ago, but the support was removed since then.

I still think that the only good way to upgrade from J1.5 to J1.7 is to use JUpgrade, but there's still some work that needs to be done to make the upgrade component stable enough for me to use it. I'm fixing bugs in it now and then, so maybe it will work at some point...

Next version of JUpgrade will import only supported software, nothing else. So it will also clean up your installation where you have deprecated software. But it still has some unresolved issues which I would like to get fixed.. :)

Migrating Kunena means migrating users and Kunena tables + mapping access control to J1.7.

Time to create page: 0.579 seconds