Kunena 6.2.5 & module Kunena Latest 6.0.7 released

The Kunena team has announce the arrival of Kunena 6.2.5 [K 6.2.5] which is now available for download as a native Joomla extension for J! 4.3.x/4.4.x/5.0.x. This version addresses most of the issues that were discovered in K 6.1 / K 6.2 and issues discovered during the last development stages of K 6.2

Topics that are moved into this category are generally considered to be closed. Users may want to add additional information but these topics should not be resurrected in order to discuss new problems or unrelated matters.

Question Is PHPBB3 to Kunena migrator(com_kunenaimporter-1.6) possible?

More
12 years 8 months ago #1 by Balázs
Hello!

With the help of some old migrators and upgrades I have migrated the data from phpbb3 (users, passwords, addresses, topics).
Then I ran into a problem. Phpbb3 uses a completely different hash method for storing passwords, so even if I migrate them to Joomla they won't work there.
I have seen that the development of a new phpbb3 to Joomla 1.6 migrator was posted on github. The question is how did you manage to convert passwords, because I only have this step left from complete migration to Kunena and I cannot solve the problem.

Best regards,

Balazs

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
12 years 8 months ago - 12 years 8 months ago #2 by xillibit
Hello,

This migrator component will be publicly available soon, i hope. But you are free to look the code of this specific component.

I don't provide support by PM, because this can be useful for someone else.
Last edit: 12 years 8 months ago by xillibit.

More
12 years 8 months ago #3 by frold

Time to create page: 0.369 seconds