Kunena 6.3.0 released

The Kunena team has announce the arrival of Kunena 6.3.0 [K 6.3.0] in stable which is now available for download as a native Joomla extension for J! 4.4.x/5.0.x/5.1.x. This version addresses most of the issues that were discovered in K 6.2 and issues discovered during the last development stages of K 6.3

The Kunena Search plugin added additional functionality to the standard Joomla search feature. Please do not confuse this plugin with the module that is used to display a search box; questions about the module are covered in another category.

This category is for the plugin developed, endorsed, maintained and supported by the Kunena project team. The topics in this category only relate to the plugin developed for K 1.6 and later versions.

Question Kunena Internal Error: Please enable Kunena Debug Mode and report problem

More
12 years 5 months ago - 12 years 5 months ago #1 by chrisjclay
Hi,

I just upgraded to Kunena 1.7.1. I hadn't used the search plugin before but it sounded handy so I installed and enabled it (using the 1.7.1 version of the plugin.) However, when I did a test search, this error appeared above the search results:

Kunena Internal Error: Please enable Kunena Debug Mode and report problem in the www.kunena.org forum.

I then enabled Kunena's debug mode, but doing another test search only brought up the same error. Strangely, if I check the box on the search results page that says "forum" and do ANOTHER search, the error message doesn't appear...

Regards,
Chris
Attachments:
Last edit: 12 years 5 months ago by chrisjclay.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
12 years 5 months ago #2 by xillibit
Hello,

Do you have looked in your php error log or apache error log ?

I don't provide support by PM, because this can be useful for someone else.

More
12 years 5 months ago #3 by sozzled
Just looking at the image of the search results screen, there's something a little fishy. See the two checkboxes in front of the work "Newsfeeds": why are there two checkboxes unless maybe the first checkbox relates to a corrupted/misconfigured/conflicting plugin that has been installed? So, I'm wondering if there's a conflict with Kunena and something else on your website. Have you tried disabling other "Search - xxxxxx" plugins?

Would it be possible, please, to see your K 1.7.1 configuration report? Thanks

More
12 years 5 months ago #4 by chrisjclay
Hi,

I found this:

[Thu Nov 17 11:11:14 2011] [error] [client 70.66.209.5] File does not exist: /home/rvoabcor/public_html/404.shtml, referer: www.rvoabc.org/search?searchphrase=all&searchword=welcome
[Thu Nov 17 11:11:14 2011] [error] [client 70.66.209.5] File does not exist: /home/rvoabcor/public_html/templates/nb3/imagesbody, referer: www.rvoabc.org/search?searchphrase=all&searchword=welcome

... but since then I fixed "imagesbody" (it should have been images/body in the template's css file). No new errors being logged, but the problem continues...

Chris

More
12 years 5 months ago #5 by chrisjclay
Hmm, good point. I'll try disabling the other plugins and then post the configuration report here if that doesn't solve it.

Chris

More
12 years 5 months ago #6 by chrisjclay
The missing label beside one of the search checkboxes is related to the Content search plugin (disabling it makes the seemingly extra checkbox disappear.) Not sure why there's no label, but anyway everything works fine if I disable the "Search - Marketplace" plugin. It's the plugin to go along with Marketplace, by CodingFish.com.

It would be a shame if we have to disable either the forum search or the marketplace search - any ideas on how they can both be installed yet play nicely together? :)

Thanks for all the help...
Chris

More
12 years 5 months ago #7 by chrisjclay

sozzled wrote: See the two checkboxes in front of the work "Newsfeeds": why are there two checkboxes unless maybe the first checkbox relates to a corrupted/misconfigured/conflicting plugin that has been installed?

Incidentally, I figured out why there was a missing label. I can't remember where now, but somewhere on the site I had an uncategorized article and the word "Article" kept appearing as an H1 or H2 tag at the top of the page. I found similar problems in the JOomla forum and set this language override:

JGLOBAL_ARTICLES=""

Changing it back to "Articles" makes the checkbox label appear properly.

Chris

More
12 years 5 months ago #8 by sozzled

chrisjclay wrote: The missing label beside one of the search checkboxes is related to the Content search plugin (disabling it makes the seemingly extra checkbox disappear.) Not sure why there's no label, but anyway everything works fine if I disable the "Search - Marketplace" plugin. It's the plugin to go along with Marketplace, by CodingFish.com.

It would be a shame if we have to disable either the forum search or the marketplace search - any ideas on how they can both be installed yet play nicely together? :)

Marketplace extension for Joomla looks like a new player in the content management stakes (the listing was only created in the JED less than a week ago) and so it's a bit early to tell.

Have you tested what happens if you uninstall that component? In your case, it may be that the Kunena Search plugin is not for you. In fact, when the whole Joomla search function (even in J! 1.7) is pretty "basic" and has a few problems with it. One problem that we've found is that if you use Joomla Search with the Kunena Search plugin, you are able to show the results from restricted categories. Joomla Search doesn't know anything about Kunena category security, so it doesn't filter out any categories (and there's no way to control that at the moment). Even if your users can't access the topics in restricted categories, there may be enough sensitive data shown in the search results that could be embarrassing. If security is a concern to you, I would suggest that you only allow searching via the forum and that you disable/uninstall the Kunena Search plugin.

BTW, I understand that Joomla Search is being totally overhauled for J! 2.5. I'm not sure if the overhaul is a good thing or a bad thing or how it will impact on site SQL data growth especially if you use Joomla to search data on a large forum.

More
12 years 5 months ago #9 by Matias
Can you enable Kunena or Joomla debug mode? First can be found from Kunena configuration (first tab) and the second is under Global configuration in Joomla.

After enabling debug you should see red bordered error message, which you should pass to us. :)

I don't use Joomla search by myself, because of it is too limited for Kunena.

Time to create page: 0.519 seconds