Kunena 5.2 Beta 1 Released (24 Sep 2020)

The Kunena team is thrilled to announce the first public beta release of Kunena 5.2, a native Joomla extension for Joomla 3.9. This is a development release and should be only be used for testing; this version is not recommended for live websites at this stage.

The purpose of this release is to encourage testing by downloading, installing and identifying any problems or shortcomings that people may discover. K 5.2.0 B1 is stable and we are aware that people will discover defects. We encourage you to use the forum to report defects, as soon as they are discovered, so that the development team can work through the problems before the release of K 5.1 as a stable product. Reporting defects does not mean that the problems can or will be fixed. The Kunena team is looking forward to hearing your feedback on how well we have achieved our design goals.

Important "Configuration saved. Please try again." 1.7.1 importer error with J2.5/K1.7.2 and phpbb3

More
8 years 5 months ago #1 by thepiston
This is a new K1.7.2 install in a new J2.5.4 site. I have an old phpBB3 forum that I updated to 3.0.10. All of the status info lines are green. Every time I click on "Import" I get this error:

Configuration saved. Please try again.

I tried truncating first but that did nothing. I'm using php 5.3.10

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
8 years 5 months ago #2 by thepiston
my fault - I forgot to delete the Install folder.

One more question though. All of the import went fine and I chose to create missing users autmatically but this phpBB3 is from the same site and should have the same users. After import the checkbox for "Create Missing Users" is still checked and says 0/932. I went into the Migrate Users tab and see them there also. As far as I know there should be no users to import as they already on the site.

What should I do? I'm confused

More
8 years 5 months ago #3 by Matias
I'm not sure. Importer tries to find users that match either username or email (preferably both). The users must always be either created or mapped to the existing users. Have you tried mapping them?

Usually automatic mapping does pretty good job, but in some cases some users aren't either created or mapped. In that case you can select them manually and do whatever you want with them.

• Not Allowed: to create new topic.
  • Not Allowed: to reply.
  • Not Allowed: to edit your message.
Time to create page: 0.177 seconds