Kunena 6.2.6 released

The Kunena team has announce the arrival of Kunena 6.2.6 [K 6.2.6] which is now available for download as a native Joomla extension for J! 4.4.x/5.0.x. This version addresses most of the issues that were discovered in K 6.1 / K 6.2 and issues discovered during the last development stages of K 6.2

Question Agora 4.0 to Kunena importer.

More
12 years 2 days ago #1 by lagen
Hi,

Will there be any Agora 4.0 to Kunena importer?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
12 years 2 days ago #2 by xillibit
Hello,

Agora 4.0 has been released ?

I don't provide support by PM, because this can be useful for someone else.

More
12 years 2 days ago #3 by lagen
Yes they did 1 months ago.

I have try to convert Agora 3 to but I get a mess with in my forum.

I don't know how I can success to move Agora 3 or Agora 4 to Kunena.

I have search in your forum and get information I should disable SEO.

but anyway the importer make mess with ID of the forum.

More
12 years 2 days ago #4 by sozzled
Looks like you've been having nothing but trouble with trying to convert Agora for over a year. :unsure:

I don't know the answer about whether there will be an option built later in the Kunena Importer component to handle Agora 4.

More
12 years 2 days ago #5 by lagen
I have a copy of Agora 3.0.155 that I try to migrate to Kunena.
I success to migrate but it's be a mess in the forum.

Sample I have one area that is about Taxi, in Agora I have 20 replays.
when I look in Kunena after converting I only have 2 replays.

you know if there is away to success with convert Agora 3.0.155 to Kunena?

More
12 years 2 days ago #6 by lagen
Can there be a problem when migrate Agora to Kunena if there are post/topic that have been moved in Agora.

I have the feeing that can be the problem.

and yes you right Sozzled I have try to migrate from Agora to Kunena for more than a year.

that was the most unhappy decision I made in my website when I choose Agora for 2-3 years ago.

Reason I choose Agora at that time was about template.

But now I know there are many template to download that is more nice then in Agora.

I only hope that one day I can say goodbye to Agora and join Kunea.

More
12 years 2 days ago #7 by sozzled
If I was in your shoes, trying for over a year to migrate from a forum that I did not enjoy or did not feel was right for my needs, I would have cut my losses ages ago and I would have simply said goodbye to the old forum. Of course, it's your choice to salvage what you can if this is important to you. But, consider the cost and consider what opportunities you're missing by being in this in-between, half-existence. :)

More
12 years 2 days ago - 12 years 2 days ago #8 by lagen
Replied by lagen on topic Agora 4.0 to Kunena importer.
For me old post is important and I don't want to lose them.
I really hope that one day I can success to move to Kunena.

I be more and more desperate and search many workaround like first move to phpbb3 and then to Kunena. but this not success.

one thing I looking on now is convert from Agora to SMF and then SMF to phpbb3 and then phpbb3 to Kunena.

many step and properly something will not success in all this step.
Last edit: 12 years 2 days ago by lagen.

More
12 years 2 days ago #9 by sozzled
First of all, let's return to the subject of this discussion.

lagen wrote:

Will there be any Agora 4.0 to Kunena importer?

I don't know the answer to that question. Until, and unless, the Kunena developers are able to obtain a copy of Agora 4 then any commentary we may make now is pure speculation.

I suggest that you read my thoughts on I want to migrate my forum to Kunena ...

I would not be waiting for over a year to make a decision about whether or not I could or should migrate my forum to Kunena or to any other forum product. I would make my decision on what information I could rely upon at the time and make my plans accordingly. If you don't think that you can migrate your existing Agora forum then don't. If you don't think that Kunena is right for you then it probably isn't right for you. If you don't want to pay someone else to make the changes for you then you have to do the work yourself. The choices would be clear if I was in your situation.

Interesting discussion but, to return to the what you asked in the beginning, will there be a Agora 4 -> Kunena facility available, I don't know the answer to that question. I'm not a developer.

Time to create page: 0.389 seconds