Kunena 5.2 Beta 1 Released (24 Sep 2020)

The Kunena team is thrilled to announce the first public beta release of Kunena 5.2, a native Joomla extension for Joomla 3.9. This is a development release and should be only be used for testing; this version is not recommended for live websites at this stage.

The purpose of this release is to encourage testing by downloading, installing and identifying any problems or shortcomings that people may discover. K 5.2.0 B1 is stable and we are aware that people will discover defects. We encourage you to use the forum to report defects, as soon as they are discovered, so that the development team can work through the problems before the release of K 5.1 as a stable product. Reporting defects does not mean that the problems can or will be fixed. The Kunena team is looking forward to hearing your feedback on how well we have achieved our design goals.

Question Importing from phpbb3

More
8 years 7 months ago #1 by scoteye
So i am coming around to the idea of kunena as phpbb3 is more complicated than i require. My main concern is loosing members, posts & post counts or having multiple logins.

My search for a soloution lead me here www.kunena.org/download and into the kunena extensions with Kunena Forum Importer 1.7.1. So I downloaded the file and found a small txt file that answers none of my questions.

So my questions are:

Is Phpbb3 3.09 supported?
How will my heavily modified phpbb forum cope with this migration? Do i need to un-install all my mods?
And should there be a failure, will this community help to get my site up and running again.

I like the idea of migrating to kunena, though with very little or vague instruction it seem like a very big risk to my forum.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
8 years 7 months ago #2 by xillibit
Replied by xillibit on topic Re: Importing from phpbb3
Hello,

The minimum version of phpbb required is 3.0.8

The Kunena importer component doens't touch at phpbb files, it just read things from phpbb tables.

I don't provide support by PM, because this can be useful for someone else.
The following user(s) said Thank You: scoteye

More
8 years 7 months ago #3 by scoteye
Replied by scoteye on topic Re: Importing from phpbb3
Thats good to know, I have a couple more questions though,

Will my phpbb3 forum still function separately by going to www.mydomain/myphpbbinstall/

How would the login work? ideally if i am using an intergrated forum within joomla i would only want the one login.

• Not Allowed: to create new topic.
  • Not Allowed: to reply.
  • Not Allowed: to edit your message.
Time to create page: 0.106 seconds