Kunena 6.3.0 released

The Kunena team has announce the arrival of Kunena 6.3.0 [K 6.3.0] in stable which is now available for download as a native Joomla extension for J! 4.4.x/5.0.x/5.1.x. This version addresses most of the issues that were discovered in K 6.2 and issues discovered during the last development stages of K 6.3

Question Importing from phpbb3

More
12 years 2 months ago #1 by scoteye
So i am coming around to the idea of kunena as phpbb3 is more complicated than i require. My main concern is loosing members, posts & post counts or having multiple logins.

My search for a soloution lead me here www.kunena.org/download and into the kunena extensions with Kunena Forum Importer 1.7.1. So I downloaded the file and found a small txt file that answers none of my questions.

So my questions are:

Is Phpbb3 3.09 supported?
How will my heavily modified phpbb forum cope with this migration? Do i need to un-install all my mods?
And should there be a failure, will this community help to get my site up and running again.

I like the idea of migrating to kunena, though with very little or vague instruction it seem like a very big risk to my forum.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
12 years 2 months ago #2 by xillibit
Replied by xillibit on topic Re: Importing from phpbb3
Hello,

The minimum version of phpbb required is 3.0.8

The Kunena importer component doens't touch at phpbb files, it just read things from phpbb tables.

I don't provide support by PM, because this can be useful for someone else.
The following user(s) said Thank You: scoteye

More
12 years 2 months ago #3 by scoteye
Replied by scoteye on topic Re: Importing from phpbb3
Thats good to know, I have a couple more questions though,

Will my phpbb3 forum still function separately by going to www.mydomain/myphpbbinstall/

How would the login work? ideally if i am using an intergrated forum within joomla i would only want the one login.

Time to create page: 0.933 seconds