Kunena 6.2.5 & module Kunena Latest 6.0.7 released

The Kunena team has announce the arrival of Kunena 6.2.5 [K 6.2.5] which is now available for download as a native Joomla extension for J! 4.3.x/4.4.x/5.0.x. This version addresses most of the issues that were discovered in K 6.1 / K 6.2 and issues discovered during the last development stages of K 6.2

Question Import Kunena forum data to other Kunena forum

More
12 years 1 month ago #1 by Galaktix
Hello!

maybe my question is stuppid, but after several hours of attempting to set to work bbcode, I could not think logically. I have problem with Gavick template + Kunena... gavick template not support Mootools...

I created additional site Joomla 2.5 + Kunena 1.7.2

The question is - how can I import all data from my previous site (joomla 1.5.23 + Kunena 1.6.5) to my new site? Can I use Kunena importer for that?

Thank you in advance!

Regards,
Felix
The following user(s) said Thank You: waptug

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
12 years 1 month ago - 12 years 1 month ago #2 by sozzled
G'day, Galaktix, and welcome to Kunena.

Galaktix wrote: The question is - how can I import all data from my previous site (joomla 1.5.23 + Kunena 1.6.5) to my new site? Can I use Kunena importer for that?

Actually, that's a very good question! The answer is that the Kunena Importer component is designed to import from other forum types (e.g. phpBB3, Agora, ccBoard, etc.) but it was never intended that it should be used to import a working Kunena forum on one site and move it to another.

Perhaps what would be a good idea is for someone to develop a Kunena forum mover/copier/upgrader/installer tool? Perhaps there is someone who is keen to develop such a tool and market it on the Joomla Extension Directory ?

In the meantime, however, you have to cope with the process manually, as best you can. Upgrade your existing (working) site to K 1.7.2, then copy the Kunena tables from that site - together with the Joomla user tables - to the new site. We have answered many times this question about which tables need to be copied.
Last edit: 12 years 1 month ago by sozzled.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Galaktix

More
12 years 1 month ago #3 by Galaktix
Thank you sozzled,

I will find how to do it manually.

Have a great day!

More
12 years 1 month ago #4 by Plugje
Hi,

I did it already a few times, it's not so difficult. Very important is that you use the same version of Kunena. So first update Kunena on your old Joomla 1.5 site to Kunena 1.7.2.
Then convert your old site with jUpgrade to Joomla 1.7 or 2.5 to make the database tables etc.
Info you will find here: Migrating Joomla to 2.5
After that it is better to make a full clean install of Joomla 1.7 or 2.5 with all the extensions. Then install Kunena on the new site.
The best way is to export the user tables and Kunena tables from your updated site and import them in the new site. When you search a little you can find enough info which tables.

I don't have so much time yet, but maybe tomorrow I will post a short manual. Good luck for now :)
The following user(s) said Thank You: Galaktix, waptug

More
12 years 1 month ago #5 by Galaktix
Thank you Plugje!

...but the problem is that I cant update joomla to 2.5 because I must keep my existing site but I have not a lot of components for joomla 2.5 :(

More
12 years 1 month ago #6 by sozzled

Galaktix wrote: ...but the problem is that I cant update joomla to 2.5 because I must keep my existing site ...

Make a copy of your existing site. On your "copy site", remove the extensions that have nothing to do with Kunena; upgrade Kunena; upgrade Joomla. Then you have what you need to copy to your brand new site.
The following user(s) said Thank You: waptug

More
12 years 1 month ago #7 by waptug
Good information.

Could some one who has successfully migrated a Kunena form from a 1.5 site to a 1.7.x and upgraded the 1.7 site to 2.5.1 create a screencast of how they do this? Please post youtube link as reply.

I offer $10 for your time. Just le me know what e-mail address to send paypal money to.

More
12 years 1 month ago #8 by GoremanX
Sorry, I'm afraid I don't have any screencasts to share on the procedure. However, I've successfully performed what you're asking about, and here is how I did it:

- I installed Kunena 1.7.2 over Kunena 1.5 using the standard Joomla extension installation procedure. This upgraded all the Kunena tables to the latest version

- then I installed JUpgrade on my Joomla site and used that to upgrade to Joomla 2.5.1

You can find more detailed instructions on upgrading your Joomla site to 2.5.1 in this document.

THE place to discuss photography!
www.friendlyphotozone.com

More
12 years 1 month ago #9 by Galaktix
@sozzled Thank you! It's exactly what I started to do - I created new hosting account, copy the site, and after I improve my new site I will replace my old site with my new one.

@waptug - you asking about screenshots for kunena upgrade or joomla upgrade? In my joomla 1.5 site at this moment I have Kunena 1.7.2... I will try to upgrade my joomla site from 1.5.23 to 1.7.x to 2.5.1 If you need screenshots from this operation I can create they for you for free :)

More
12 years 1 month ago - 12 years 1 month ago #10 by Plugje
Sorry for late reply, but I promised to make a little manual. It is also for Jomsocial, when you don't use that just skip the Jomsocial (jos_community) part.

Backup old site first. Use Akeeba, a great tool. The basic free version will do fine.

Also I would advise you to make a local test server with LAMP or TurnKey Linux. When you install this in a virtual PC you can go back anytime to an earlier snapshot in just a few seconds. I made a Linux installation in VMWare and installed VirtualMin (a multi server extension). In this I have 12 servers(!) running at the same time. You can easyly test and compare. Go back to a previous state is a matter of a few seconds with a snapshot. Afterwards export your site with Akeeba, upload to the live server, unpack and go. :)

Preporations:
  1. Upgrade Kunena on the old 1.5 site to the latest version
  2. Do a clean installation from Joomla 1.7/2.5 and install the latest version of Kunena and the same version of Jomsocial as on your old site.
  3. Install JUpgrade on the 1.5 site. The manual you will find on their site.
  4. Set parameters in JUpgrade, like 1.7/2.5 database field
  5. Them migrate the site in the 1.5 admin panel to 1.7/2.5. Don't check, probable it will be messed up. We only use it for the database tables.
Migration Users and JomSocial:
  1. Go to phpMyAdmin -> database of your live site
  2. Select below tables and Export their structure and data by clicking on Export from bottom drop down menu:
  3. J17_user_usergroup_map ; J17_user_profiles ; J17_users ; J17_usergroups
  4. Open the SQL dump file and replace "J17_" prefix from all SQL statements to the prefix of your new website, e.g. "vupca_"
  5. Go to your phpMyAdmin -> database of your new Joomla 1.7 website
  6. Delete the following tables:
  7. J17_user_usergroup_map ; J17_user_profiles ; J17_users ; J17_usergroups
  8. Click on Import and use the SQL dump file to import users data into your new website's database
  9. Now you have all users migrated to Joomla 1.7 by respecting their IDs and Group IDs etc. This is critical for your other components like JomSocial
  10. Now similarly, export all jos_community_ tables from your Joomla 1.5 database (not the Joomla 1.7 upgraded tables which were created by JUpgrade). These are tables with data of your live site.
  11. Replace prefix of your old Joomla 1.5 site e.g. "j15_" from all SQL statements using your favorite text editor to the prefix of your new Joomla 1.7 website e.g. "vupca_"
  12. Delete all J17_community_ tables from your new website's database
  13. Import the SQL file into the database of your new Joomla 1.7 website using phpMyAdmin -> Import option
  14. Now you have all content of JomSocial and Users in your new site. Still you would not see images and thumbnails on JomSocial content because they are in file system of your old site and we haven't yet migrated that.
  15. Now copy below folders from your Joomla 1.5 or 1.6 site to ROOT/images folder of your new Joomla 1.7 site
  16. ROOT/images/videos ;
    ROOT/images/photos ;
    ROOT/images/originalphotos ;
    ROOT/images/groupphotos ;
    ROOT/images/avatar
  17. Congratulations, Now you have a fully upgraded JomSocial from Joomla 1.5 or 1.6 to Joomla 1.7!
Migrate Kunena:
  1. Go to phpMyAdmin -> database of your live site
  2. Export all J17_ kunena tables from your Joomla 1.5 database.
  3. Replace prefix from all SQL statements using your favorite text editor to the prefix of your new Joomla 1.7 website e.g. "vupca_"
  4. Go to your phpMyAdmin -> database of your new Joomla 1.7 website
  5. Delete all the J17_ kunena tables.
  6. Click on Import and use the SQL dump file to import all data into your new website's database
  7. Now copy below folder from your Joomla 1.5 or 1.6 site to the same folder of your new Joomla 1.7 site:
  8. ROOT/media/kunena
  9. Congratulations, Now you have a fully upgraded Kunena from Joomla 1.5 or 1.6 to Joomla 1.7!

This should work for Joomla 2.5 too, but I didn't tested that. Otherwise you go from 1.5 to 1.7, migrate and upgrade to 2.5.
Did you checked if your template is compatible too with 1.7/2.5?

Afterwards you can put back the backup you made from the 1.5 live site. In this way you keep a clean installation.

I hope you manage, good luck :)
Last edit: 12 years 1 month ago by Plugje.
The following user(s) said Thank You: sozzled, Jiminimonka, Galaktix

Time to create page: 0.427 seconds