Kunena 6.2.6 released

The Kunena team has announce the arrival of Kunena 6.2.6 [K 6.2.6] which is now available for download as a native Joomla extension for J! 4.4.x/5.0.x. This version addresses most of the issues that were discovered in K 6.1 / K 6.2 and issues discovered during the last development stages of K 6.2

Question Forum importer 1.7.1 creating post IDs which are not in date & time order

More
12 years 3 months ago #1 by martin_egan
I've just installed Kunena 1.7.1 into my Joomla! 1.5.25 website and imported my phpBB 3.0.9 forum data using the Forum importer component 1.7.1. Overall a very easy and smooth process, so congratulations to the Kunena team as I started out expecting this to be very difficult or even impossible.

However, I notice some topics (not all) have some post IDs (again, not all) which have NOT been created in date & time order. One example is this topic .

(this is a temporary site, try here if it's disappeared)

As you can see,

The 1st post was created on 17th July 2007 at 15:55 and has post ID #19996
The 2nd post was created on 17th July 2007 at 18:11 and has post ID #15313
The 3rd post was created on 18th July 2007 at 08:59 and has post ID #15319 (which is fine relative to the 2nd post)
subsequent posts in this topic also have post IDs each of which is larger than the previous one (again, all fine relative to the 2nd post).

As far as I can make out, Kunena uses the post ID to order posts for the User according to the preference they have expressed in their profile ("First post first" or "Last post first"), it does not use the actual date and time of the post. Hence it is essential that post IDs are created in date & time order during the import.

As a result this topic is not displayed correctly, it looks like the 1st post was converted after all the others in this topic, hence the larger post ID.

I think this problem has been flagged up before here but maybe Alhazred (who also imported data from phpBB 3) did not make it clear where the real problem lay.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
12 years 3 months ago #2 by Matias
I think that importer keeps the message IDs intact -- so it uses the same IDs from phpBB. Unfortunately Kunena 1.x orders topics by ID and not by date as phpBB does, but this has been fixed in Kunena 2.0.

More
12 years 3 months ago #3 by martin_egan
Thank you Matias for your prompt reply. All understood, looking forward to the relase of Kunena 2.0

Time to create page: 0.362 seconds