Kunena 6.3.0 released

The Kunena team has announce the arrival of Kunena 6.3.0 [K 6.3.0] in stable which is now available for download as a native Joomla extension for J! 4.4.x/5.0.x/5.1.x. This version addresses most of the issues that were discovered in K 6.2 and issues discovered during the last development stages of K 6.3

Question How can I import 2 different vBulletin forums into Kunena?

More
12 years 3 months ago #1 by mrmyers
I successfully imported an old vB forum into SMF2 then into Kunena but I have a second vB forum I would like to add. Is this possible and how would I go about doing it?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
12 years 3 months ago - 12 years 3 months ago #2 by sozzled
G'day, mrmyers, and welcome to Kunena. :)

The Kunena Importer tool is used to import one forum - a single forum instance - into Kunena. The Kunena Importer component was not designed for the purposes you have described. If I correctly understand you, you want to convert two separate forums into Kunena and then you want to merge these into a single forum. That's a different and much more complex requirement.

You should read [Merged topic] How to move my Kunena forum from one site to another .

It can be done but it's beyond the scope of this forum to go into details how you would go about doing those things. If I were in your situation, I would pay a professional Joomla developer to do this work for me.
Last edit: 12 years 3 months ago by sozzled.
The following user(s) said Thank You: mrmyers, ismailx

More
11 years 11 months ago #3 by FidelGonzales
It would have been best to stay with vBulletin before migrating to Kunena, as vB has that capability and is one of the most reliable methods of merging two or more forums. I have copied and pasted a response I have made upon the SMF2 forum on the same matter, since it may help other Kunena members in the future.

There are three possible ways to do this. I too am on the verge of doing this again and have successfully done it on vBulletin, which is relatively easy in comparison to the methods. vBulletin costs $195. Two of the greatest things to consider is the quality of the import (does it properly transfer all data), and does it provide an easy way to properly transfer the data back to the forum software of choice?

vBulletin - I tried this some five years back. It worked. I am not sure which one I used. - www.vbulletin.com/docs/html/impex www.vbulletin.com/forum/content.php/225-Creating-A-Test-Site www.freelancer.com/projects/PHP-Forum-So...tin-Forums-into.html

SMF2 - www.simplemachines.org/community/index.php?topic=332894.0 - I may soon try this method to merge several forums.

MyBB - www.mybb.com/downloads/merge-system - Convert to MyBB and then merge to MyBBs together as one.

More
11 years 11 months ago #4 by FidelGonzales
By the way, considering you and I want to ultimately end up with all our data in Kunena, the best method might be to migrate to phpbb3, as the migrator from phpBB3 back to Kunena has always been the most of reliable, when compared to migrating other forums to Kunena.

From what it looks like, this option linked below is pretty easy to accomplish.

www.phpbb.com/community/viewtopic.php?f=65&t=1917165

More
11 years 11 months ago #5 by Matias
Yes, the last link is something that I would do to merge two forums together. It's basically the same for Kunena except that users, which need some extra work in Joomla 2.5. Are there any tools that allow merging users from 2 Joomla sites?

More
11 years 10 months ago - 11 years 10 months ago #6 by John
I think this component allows you to export and import users from and into Joomla: extensions.joomla.org/extensions/migrati...import-a-export/5430
Last edit: 11 years 10 months ago by John.

Time to create page: 0.493 seconds