Kunena 5.2 Beta 1 Released (24 Sep 2020)

The Kunena team is thrilled to announce the first public beta release of Kunena 5.2, a native Joomla extension for Joomla 3.9. This is a development release and should be only be used for testing; this version is not recommended for live websites at this stage.

The purpose of this release is to encourage testing by downloading, installing and identifying any problems or shortcomings that people may discover. K 5.2.0 B1 is stable and we are aware that people will discover defects. We encourage you to use the forum to report defects, as soon as they are discovered, so that the development team can work through the problems before the release of K 5.1 as a stable product. Reporting defects does not mean that the problems can or will be fixed. The Kunena team is looking forward to hearing your feedback on how well we have achieved our design goals.

Question Merging Kunena Forum Data and SMF forum data

More
8 years 9 months ago #1 by rajeshatbuzz
Thanks for migration tools. I could migrate from SMF2.0 to Kunena latest successfully but there are some issues which is still unclear...

It completely erased old forums/category thread of kunena and replace with SMF threads n all data. Is it possible to have old kunena data along with new migrated data from SMF. please let me know...

Some Errors:

Impoter Status Information seems to be green such as ...

Kunena version: 1.7.1
Using relative path: ../XYZ/
Detecting SMF2: OK
Database connection: OK
SMF2 version: 2.0.1

but sill I am getting this warning....any help

Warning: Invalid argument supplied for foreach() in /home/content/dssss/administrator/components/com_kunenaimporter/models/export_smf2.php on line 602

cmsGalaxy
Website Developement | Design | SEO | PPC
www.cmsGalaxy.com

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
8 years 9 months ago #2 by rajeshatbuzz
Hello Friends,

This is just an extention to my old post where i did migration from SMF to Kunena but successfully but lost all existing Kunena data.

Is there any way where not only it should migrate all data from SMF to Kunena, Let existing Categories/threads/users should display along with migrated smf data???

please suggest?

cmsGalaxy
Website Developement | Design | SEO | PPC
www.cmsGalaxy.com

More
8 years 8 months ago #3 by Matias
There's no way to import data from external source and keeping postings from Kunena at this time.

But there's a way to do it by hand, kind of..

Make two copies of the site, then use importer in the second. After that you need to increase id, thread and parent (if>0) for the imported #__kunena_messages, #__kunena_messages_text (and categories if the ids are not identical). When done, you need to copy missing message/category entries from the Kunena site to the SMF copy.

That's the theory.. In practice to do it you will need pretty good SQL skills.

• Not Allowed: to create new topic.
  • Not Allowed: to reply.
  • Not Allowed: to edit your message.
Time to create page: 0.089 seconds