Kunena 6.2.5 & module Kunena Latest 6.0.7 released

The Kunena team has announce the arrival of Kunena 6.2.5 [K 6.2.5] which is now available for download as a native Joomla extension for J! 4.3.x/4.4.x/5.0.x. This version addresses most of the issues that were discovered in K 6.1 / K 6.2 and issues discovered during the last development stages of K 6.2

Question Merging Kunena Forum Data and SMF forum data

More
12 years 3 months ago #1 by rajeshatbuzz
Thanks for migration tools. I could migrate from SMF2.0 to Kunena latest successfully but there are some issues which is still unclear...

It completely erased old forums/category thread of kunena and replace with SMF threads n all data. Is it possible to have old kunena data along with new migrated data from SMF. please let me know...

Some Errors:

Impoter Status Information seems to be green such as ...

Kunena version: 1.7.1
Using relative path: ../XYZ/
Detecting SMF2: OK
Database connection: OK
SMF2 version: 2.0.1

but sill I am getting this warning....any help

Warning: Invalid argument supplied for foreach() in /home/content/dssss/administrator/components/com_kunenaimporter/models/export_smf2.php on line 602

cmsGalaxy
Website Developement | Design | SEO | PPC
www.cmsGalaxy.com

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
12 years 3 months ago #2 by rajeshatbuzz
Hello Friends,

This is just an extention to my old post where i did migration from SMF to Kunena but successfully but lost all existing Kunena data.

Is there any way where not only it should migrate all data from SMF to Kunena, Let existing Categories/threads/users should display along with migrated smf data???

please suggest?

cmsGalaxy
Website Developement | Design | SEO | PPC
www.cmsGalaxy.com

More
12 years 2 months ago #3 by Matias
There's no way to import data from external source and keeping postings from Kunena at this time.

But there's a way to do it by hand, kind of..

Make two copies of the site, then use importer in the second. After that you need to increase id, thread and parent (if>0) for the imported #__kunena_messages, #__kunena_messages_text (and categories if the ids are not identical). When done, you need to copy missing message/category entries from the Kunena site to the SMF copy.

That's the theory.. In practice to do it you will need pretty good SQL skills.

Time to create page: 0.409 seconds