Kunena 6.2.5 & module Kunena Latest 6.0.7 released

The Kunena team has announce the arrival of Kunena 6.2.5 [K 6.2.5] which is now available for download as a native Joomla extension for J! 4.3.x/4.4.x/5.0.x. This version addresses most of the issues that were discovered in K 6.1 / K 6.2 and issues discovered during the last development stages of K 6.2

Question PNphpBB2 Migration to Kunena 1.7

More
12 years 3 months ago #1 by MFI_Michael
Hey guys, I have an old PostNuke phpBB2 forum with around 7 and a half years worth of posts on it that I am planning to migrate over to the current Kunena release. I downloaded the importer and have it setup and noticed that there was an 'Experimental' option for PNphpBB2, so was wondering if I could get a heads-up as to what to expect from an attempt? Or to see if you needed a guinea pig to help flesh out the Migration? ;)

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
12 years 3 months ago #2 by MFI_Michael
Also, it looks like the importer requires a side-by-side installation with PostNuke and the PNphpBB2 forum? Is that the recommended procedure? To have Joomla and PostNuke installed alongside each other? Can I not just take a dump of my SQL DB from PNphpBB2 and put it somewhere (or give the importer the db info) for the Importer to parse?

More
12 years 3 months ago #3 by MFI_Michael
Err, my reply started a new topic. Sorry about that!

More
12 years 3 months ago #4 by sozzled
I've merged the topic back in again.

Can you tell us something, please: Did you use the "Reply" button or the "Quick Reply" button. We're trying to see why this topic split anomaly occurs.

More
12 years 3 months ago #5 by sozzled
On behalf of Matias, I will respond to the main issue. The option in the Kunena Importer component (for converting PNphpBB2 to K 1.7) has remained in the experimental phase for two reasons:

(1) The development activity that started on Kunena Importer began two years ago but, as far as PNphpBB2 is concerned, it hasn't been tested adequately enough; and

(2) Matias lost or misplaced his copy of a PNphpBB2 database so that he could test these things himself.

Sorry about that.

More
12 years 3 months ago #6 by Matias
Just test the import and report the bugs so we can fix them ;)

Time to create page: 0.475 seconds