Kunena 6.2.6 released

The Kunena team has announce the arrival of Kunena 6.2.6 [K 6.2.6] which is now available for download as a native Joomla extension for J! 4.4.x/5.0.x. This version addresses most of the issues that were discovered in K 6.1 / K 6.2 and issues discovered during the last development stages of K 6.2

Question SMF(I think)1 to Kunena

More
12 years 6 months ago - 12 years 6 months ago #1 by webcent1
Would love to convert a forum I just inherited to Kunena. It's here www.michigan-fastpitch.com .

It's an SMF forum. I was able to backup the DB (see file name below). Can anyone lead me to how I can load this into my Joomla Kunena?

Much appreciation in advance...

Ray

file name softball_smf1-complete_2011-09-21.sql.gz
Last edit: 12 years 6 months ago by webcent1. Reason: File to big to upload

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
12 years 6 months ago #2 by xillibit
Hello,

The Kunena migrator component is available for that : www.kunena.org/forum/191-kunena-migrator...n-our-downloads-page

Just make a backup before use it

I don't provide support by PM, because this can be useful for someone else.

More
12 years 6 months ago #3 by webcent1
I'm wondering if my situation is different; that I can't use the migrator...

The old site; where the old SMF forum is is not a Joomla site. It's here: www.michigan-fastpitch.com

I wish to use Kunena on the new Joomla site. It is here temporarily: www.webcentricom.com/MIFP

I do not have SMF loaded on the new site. I do however have an SMF backup of the data. Can I load the file into Kunena with the migrator? Do I have to SMF loaded in my Joomla site to migrate? Does it matter that the old forum looks like it's SMF2?

Any thoughts?

More
12 years 6 months ago #4 by webcent1
I also wonder if I have to upgrade to SMF2?

More
12 years 6 months ago #5 by Matias
Replied by Matias on topic Re: SMF(I think)1 to Kunena
You need to install SMF2 and make it to work in your new site. After that migration should work without bigger issues (migrator uses some code and files directly from SMF2 installation).

Just note that passwords, avatars and attachments are not yet migrated as SMF2 logic is nightmare with those.

Time to create page: 0.424 seconds