Kunena 6.2.6 released

The Kunena team has announce the arrival of Kunena 6.2.6 [K 6.2.6] which is now available for download as a native Joomla extension for J! 4.4.x/5.0.x. This version addresses most of the issues that were discovered in K 6.1 / K 6.2 and issues discovered during the last development stages of K 6.2

Topics that are moved into this category are generally considered to be closed. Users may want to add additional information but these topics should not be resurrected in order to discuss new problems or unrelated matters.

Question multiple kunena stats modules?

More
12 years 9 months ago #1 by james2581
I just downloaded this module in joomla 1.6, I see it can show lots of stats but how do I edit what is seen. Do I have to install multiple kunena stats modules on my pages to select what is shown where?

Check out My online community. Once you stop by you will be hooked. www.JameZtown.com

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
12 years 9 months ago #2 by sozzled
You can only install one version of a Joomla module at a time but, using the Module Manager, you can publish the same module several times (e.g. on different pages) with different parameters. It depend on what options are available in each module instance that determines what output is generated by each instance. I hope that helps.
The following user(s) said Thank You: james2581

More
12 years 8 months ago #3 by james2581
Yes thank you that does help however what I was wondering how do you edit what stats are shown for example lets say I don't want to see the today open, and yesterday open stats. Can I remove that?

Check out My online community. Once you stop by you will be hooked. www.JameZtown.com

More
12 years 8 months ago - 12 years 8 months ago #4 by sozzled
Yes, you can remove that information but, as far as I know, this has nothing to do with the Kunena Stats module. If you want to hide that information that appears at the bottom of the Index page, edit the file ../components/com_kunena/template/default/plugin/stats/frontstats.php at around line 54 where you see:
Code:
<ul id="kstatslistleft" class="fltlft"> <li><?php echo JText::_('COM_KUNENA_STAT_TOTAL_MESSAGES'); ?>: <strong> <?php echo intval($this->totalmsgs); ?></strong> <span class="divider">|</span> <?php echo JText::_('COM_KUNENA_STAT_TOTAL_SUBJECTS'); ?>: <strong><?php echo intval($this->totaltitles); ?></strong></li> <li><?php echo JText::_('COM_KUNENA_STAT_TOTAL_SECTIONS'); ?>: <strong><?php echo intval($this->totalcats); ?></strong> <span class="divider">|</span> <?php echo JText::_('COM_KUNENA_STAT_TOTAL_CATEGORIES'); ?>: <strong><?php echo intval($this->totalsections); ?></strong></li> <li><?php echo JText::_('COM_KUNENA_STAT_TODAY_OPEN_THREAD'); ?>: <strong><?php echo intval($this->todayopen); ?></strong> <span class="divider">|</span> <?php echo JText::_('COM_KUNENA_STAT_YESTERDAY_OPEN_THREAD'); ?>: <strong><?php echo intval($this->yesterdayopen); ?></strong></li> <li><?php echo JText::_('COM_KUNENA_STAT_TODAY_TOTAL_ANSWER'); ?>: <strong><?php echo intval($this->todayanswer); ?></strong> <span class="divider">|</span> <?php echo JText::_('COM_KUNENA_STAT_YESTERDAY_TOTAL_ANSWER'); ?>: <strong><?php echo intval($this->yesterdayanswer); ?></strong></li> </ul>
Comment-out the two lines as shown below
Code:
<ul id="kstatslistleft" class="fltlft"> <li><?php echo JText::_('COM_KUNENA_STAT_TOTAL_MESSAGES'); ?>: <strong> <?php echo intval($this->totalmsgs); ?></strong> <span class="divider">|</span> <?php echo JText::_('COM_KUNENA_STAT_TOTAL_SUBJECTS'); ?>: <strong><?php echo intval($this->totaltitles); ?></strong></li> <li><?php echo JText::_('COM_KUNENA_STAT_TOTAL_SECTIONS'); ?>: <strong><?php echo intval($this->totalcats); ?></strong> <span class="divider">|</span> <?php echo JText::_('COM_KUNENA_STAT_TOTAL_CATEGORIES'); ?>: <strong><?php echo intval($this->totalsections); ?></strong></li> // <li><?php echo JText::_('COM_KUNENA_STAT_TODAY_OPEN_THREAD'); ?>: <strong><?php echo intval($this->todayopen); ?></strong> <span class="divider">|</span> <?php echo JText::_('COM_KUNENA_STAT_YESTERDAY_OPEN_THREAD'); ?>: <strong><?php echo intval($this->yesterdayopen); ?></strong></li> // <li><?php echo JText::_('COM_KUNENA_STAT_TODAY_TOTAL_ANSWER'); ?>: <strong><?php echo intval($this->todayanswer); ?></strong> <span class="divider">|</span> <?php echo JText::_('COM_KUNENA_STAT_YESTERDAY_TOTAL_ANSWER'); ?>: <strong><?php echo intval($this->yesterdayanswer); ?></strong></li> </ul>
I haven't tried this myself but I think it should work for you.
Last edit: 12 years 8 months ago by sozzled.
The following user(s) said Thank You: james2581

More
12 years 8 months ago #5 by james2581
like always thanks for the quick reply. I was using the extension kunena stats and had added it to my right menu. But then it seemed a little redundant because it was showing the same info as the bottom of the index. So I just removed it. lol

More
12 years 8 months ago #6 by sozzled
Has this issue been resolved to your satisfaction?

More
12 years 8 months ago #7 by james2581
well I deleted the module on the side and kept everything the same on the bottom of the index so there is no issues anymore.lol But every piece of advice you have given me has always worked so I am sure If I did what you mentioned it would have :)

Time to create page: 0.375 seconds