Kunena 6.2.6 released

The Kunena team has announce the arrival of Kunena 6.2.6 [K 6.2.6] which is now available for download as a native Joomla extension for J! 4.4.x/5.0.x. This version addresses most of the issues that were discovered in K 6.1 / K 6.2 and issues discovered during the last development stages of K 6.2

Topics that are moved into this category are generally considered to be closed. Users may want to add additional information but these topics should not be resurrected in order to discuss new problems or unrelated matters.

Question Login module missing features

More
13 years 3 weeks ago #1 by mutsop
Hi,

So I recently installed kunena on my test website to start templating the whole component :)
I'm truly excited to, to finally see a decent free forum extention!

But a few hours ago I came onto the modules we are able to install and found the login function.
When seeing the screenshots that were available on the information page I saw you were able to show/hide any part of its functionality.

Now when installing this module I can't seem to find the same configuration. When i go onto the module page its just empty on the right side.

Also for templating, I suppose I should be checking for the vertical page?

Kind regards

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
13 years 3 weeks ago #2 by sozzled
G'day, mutsop, welcome to Kunena and thank you for your question.

It is my understanding that you have installed K 1.6.3 and you have downloaded and installed the Kunena Login module (version 1.6.2), is that correct? Your problems concern setting the module parameters for Kunena Login module, is that right?

To help us to better understand your current situation, would you please post your K 1.6 configuration report ? Thank you. :)

More
13 years 3 weeks ago #3 by mutsop
Hi,

I'm indeed using the latest version of Kunena (1.6.3) and login module (1.6.2). And yes, the settings of the module aren't available although I'm logged in as a Super User.

Here is the report:

This message contains confidential information

Database collation check: The collation of your table fields are correct

Legacy mode: Disabled | Joomla! SEF: Enabled | Joomla! SEF rewrite: Enabled | FTP layer: Disabled |

htaccess: Exists | PHP environment: Max execution time: 60 seconds | Max execution memory: 128M | Max file upload: 320M

Joomla default template details : outpostguardians | author: Peter Vercauteren | version: 1.6.0 | creationdate: 8 March 2011

Kunena default template details : Example Template | author: Kunena Team | version: 1.6.3 | creationdate: 2011-01-31

Kunena version detailled: Installed version: 1.6.3 | Build: 4344 | Version name: Parlare | Kunena detailled configuration:

Warning: Spoiler!

Third-party components: AlphaUserPoints: Disabled or not installed | CommunityBuilder: Disabled or not installed | Jomsocial: Disabled or not installed | UddeIm: Disabled or not installed

Third-party SEF components: sh404sef: Disabled or not installed | ARTIO JoomSEF: Disabled or not installed | AceSEF: Disabled or not installed

Plugins: System - Mootools12: Disabled | System - Mootools Upgrade: Disabled | JFirePHP: Disabled or not installed | Kunena Discuss: Disabled or not installed | Kunena Search: Disabled or not installed | My Kunena Forum Menu: Disabled or not installed | My Kunena Forum Posts: Disabled or not installed

Modules: Kunena Latest: Enabled (Version : 1.6.2) | Kunena Stats: Disabled or not installed | Kunena Login: Enabled (Version : 1.6.2)

Thanks alot for the fast reply :)

More
13 years 3 weeks ago - 13 years 3 weeks ago #4 by sozzled
Thank you for your report. As you are no doubt aware, K 1.6.3 is not yet "fully" J! 1.6 compliant or, perhaps I should say, I would sooner try to build a house in the Sahara desert made from ice cubes than use Joomla 1.6.0 as a foundation for a website. J! 1.6.1 is a huge improvement (about 150 fixes were made to J! 1.6.0) and you should upgrade, but most experienced users still agree that J! 1.6 is not yet totally dependable.

See K 1.6 Technical Requirements for more information.

K 1.6.4 will improve things even more and, at this time, there are also further changes that have been made to K 1.6 add-ons (like the Kunena Login module). Unfortunately I don't have any more information for you than that.

I haven't personally used the Kunena Login module (with or without J! 1.6) and so I am not speaking from experience. I hope that someone else will have some better information and ideas for you.
Last edit: 13 years 3 weeks ago by sozzled.

More
13 years 3 weeks ago #5 by mutsop
Guess thats what I missed when reading the requirments :)
The only solution so far I can think of is removing the if clausules in the template... That works!

Thanks thought for checking this out.

Time to create page: 0.411 seconds