Kunena 6.2.5 & module Kunena Latest 6.0.7 released

The Kunena team has announce the arrival of Kunena 6.2.5 [K 6.2.5] which is now available for download as a native Joomla extension for J! 4.3.x/4.4.x/5.0.x. This version addresses most of the issues that were discovered in K 6.1 / K 6.2 and issues discovered during the last development stages of K 6.2

Topics that are moved into this category are generally considered to be closed. Users may want to add additional information but these topics should not be resurrected in order to discuss new problems or unrelated matters.

Question features for search

More
12 years 10 months ago #1 by N6REJ
features for search was created by N6REJ
You asked for suggestions, and I'd like to make a huge request.
My belief is that the kunena search module is a standalone module not the one embedded in kunena. Based on that, I would LOVE to see it function alot like rokajaxsearch only better.
I love that rok search's as you type, and displays the list in pageable drop down. That's wonderful. I don't like that it can't find words of 3 char or less, that it doesn't search in content ( only goes by title ). I like the drop function enough that I've stuck with it for now, but I'd be perfectly happy to walk away from it.

If this is not the right place for this I'm sorry.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
12 years 10 months ago #2 by xillibit
Replied by xillibit on topic Re: features for search
Hello,

this is a good suggestion, ti would be fine to have this feature

I don't provide support by PM, because this can be useful for someone else.
The following user(s) said Thank You: N6REJ

More
12 years 10 months ago #3 by N6REJ
Replied by N6REJ on topic Re: features for search
I stand corrected, it is searching in content now, which is wonderful, but does not find any words of 2 letters or less. This may sound silly, but HH, LA, HA, TW, AA are all very HEAVILY used, common abbreviations on our site. And frequently used in titles of topics and articles, as well as in content.

This is the example of the functionality I really like about rokajaxsearch

Time to create page: 0.353 seconds