Kunena 6.2.6 released

The Kunena team has announce the arrival of Kunena 6.2.6 [K 6.2.6] which is now available for download as a native Joomla extension for J! 4.4.x/5.0.x. This version addresses most of the issues that were discovered in K 6.1 / K 6.2 and issues discovered during the last development stages of K 6.2

Topics that are moved into this category are generally considered to be closed. Users may want to add additional information but these topics should not be resurrected in order to discuss new problems or unrelated matters.

Question Limit search to only show thread titles

More
13 years 6 months ago #1 by woonydanny
Can we please have a setting in the Kunena Search Plugin so that it only shows thread titles. I don't like it that it shows the whole forum message, especially when some forum posts have alot of photos in them. It would be alot better and easier for the searcher to quickly look through thread titles to see which are relevant to open.

Any idea how this can be implemented?

still wish that i can write my forum signature through a jomsocial plugin and do it from my jomsocial profile :(

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
13 years 6 months ago #2 by xillibit
Hello,

I will look that more closely when i have time

I don't provide support by PM, because this can be useful for someone else.

More
13 years 6 months ago #3 by xillibit
This use the joomla com_search, the search options can't changed :

I don't provide support by PM, because this can be useful for someone else.
Attachments:

More
13 years 4 weeks ago #4 by supersasho
So there is no way to make this work? Because if i try to search in forum, it pop-ups many results in many different threads, but not the one i was looking for. And i know there was such thread and if i was anable to search in thread names i wouldn't have to look for it manualy.

Any help would be appreciated. :)

More
13 years 3 weeks ago #5 by supersasho
To be more clear about my question is that in forum you can search in title names, but not in the search that xillibit has posted here.

So if there is a hack, how to do this, that would be great :)

More
13 years 3 weeks ago #6 by sozzled
If you want to limit the search to "titles only" use the advanced search feature:

Attachments:

More
13 years 3 weeks ago - 13 years 3 weeks ago #7 by supersasho
I see i wasn't clear enough. :)

My problem is with the search bar in the right top. As I understand it, it is a Joomla search, because it searchs in articles only. My goal is to search through the site and forum (and there to pick titles only or entire posts).

The search bar, top right:

The result of the search, shows just results in articles, not in forum posts:
Last edit: 13 years 3 weeks ago by supersasho.

More
13 years 3 weeks ago - 13 years 3 weeks ago #8 by sozzled
The search box is for simple queries. Perhaps the Kunena Search module will be changed some time in the future (and perhaps it won't). In the meantime, for more "advanced" searches, use the other search mechanism.
Last edit: 13 years 3 weeks ago by sozzled.

More
13 years 3 weeks ago #9 by supersasho
Ok thanks for your reply, i'm looking forward to a hack how to make this happen.

More
12 years 10 months ago #10 by kuenafummler
I had the same problem!

My customer only wanted to see the thread titles (the opening thread) not all the replies when he used KuenaSearch.
I also think that it makes no sense in the advanced forum-search that when i choose
"search in titels" that all the replies are searched an displayed too.
So, if someone else is interested i can post the solution.

Sorry for my bad English!

Time to create page: 0.355 seconds