Kunena 6.2.6 released

The Kunena team has announce the arrival of Kunena 6.2.6 [K 6.2.6] which is now available for download as a native Joomla extension for J! 4.4.x/5.0.x. This version addresses most of the issues that were discovered in K 6.1 / K 6.2 and issues discovered during the last development stages of K 6.2

Question Kunena 1.6.4 Released!

More
12 years 11 months ago #1 by fxstein

Introduction

The Kunena Team has now released Kunena 1.6.4 as a native Joomla extension for J! 1.5.23 and J! 1.6.3. This is a maintenance release for Kunena 1.6 and all users are recommended to upgrade to Kunena 1.6.4 (backup and testing are strongly recommended!).

K 1.6.4 makes all previous releases of Kunena obsolete and all users of prior Kunena releases are urged to upgrade as soon as possible.

In order to achieve better interoperability with both J! 1.5 and J! 1.6, a lot of work has focused on revising the default Kunena template. Some users of third-party templates written for older versions of Kunena will find that their templates may not work with this latest release because changes were necessary in order to fit with the new J! 1.6 CMS.

We continue to put a big emphasis on usability and ease of installation. The installer has been further enhanced to allow for multiple installation and upgrade options. It performs incremental steps to avoid timeouts on slower hosts. It automatically performs actions such as taking the forum offline during the installation or upgrade and re-enables it after completing the install. While all care has been taken to make the upgrade process run smoothly there will be unavoidable issues that may arise because of the way that some people may have individually customised Kunena to their own unique needs.

There are still a few outstanding matters that have prevented K 1.6 meeting all our expectations to take full advantage of all the features of J! 1.6. As with other Joomla extensions, the Kunena project is not alone in this situation. During our extensive testing of K 1.6.4 the project team has discovered several issues with the Joomla 1.6 core and these have been reported to the Joomla development team. Rather than wait for Joomla 1.7 to be released (expected some time in July this year) we decided that it is better now to release a version of Kunena that handles most of what Joomla 1.6 is capable of providing. There is still further work needed to complete this task and we're continuing to work with Joomla developers to resolve those outstanding matters. If you are in any doubt about whether J! 1.6 is right for you, you should test K 1.6.4 on J! 1.6.3. to form your own opinion of whether J! 1.6 is best for your needs or whether you should use something else.

At the same time as this release of K 1.6.4 we also announce the availability of add-on extensions for Kunena. These updated add-ons (together with the updated K 1.6.4 component) are available on the Download page.

Read more...

We love stars on the Joomla Extension Directory . :-)
The following user(s) said Thank You: Admata, teratyke, ChaosHead, RedBull, dark37
The topic has been locked.
More
12 years 11 months ago #2 by Denny
Replied by Denny on topic Re: Kunena 1.6.4 Released!
Great news, will be updating later on
More
12 years 11 months ago #3 by checksum
Replied by checksum on topic Re: Kunena 1.6.4 Released!
Are the modules listed on the download page also compatible with Joomla1.6?
More
12 years 11 months ago #4 by fxstein
Replied by fxstein on topic Re: Kunena 1.6.4 Released!

checksum wrote: Are the modules listed on the download page also compatible with Joomla1.6?

Those that are listed as 1.6.4 are - so yes. We are working on running the builds for the rest of them.

We love stars on the Joomla Extension Directory . :-)
More
12 years 11 months ago #5 by meep
Replied by meep on topic Re: Kunena 1.6.4 Released!
Is there any sign of the Jomsocial plugin linking groups to forums as referenced in the 1.6.x release notes?
More
12 years 11 months ago #6 by PlaneCDR
Replied by PlaneCDR on topic Kunena 1.6.4 Released!
Great job team Kunena!
More
12 years 11 months ago #7 by woonydanny
thanks oliver and kunena team!!

still wish that i can write my forum signature through a jomsocial plugin and do it from my jomsocial profile :(
More
12 years 11 months ago #8 by etkritikonspoudon
Main application seems to be functioning very smooth, thanks Kunena Team for all your hard work...

I've noticed how different the Kunena / Joomla template "integration" works in K1.6.4...it far less aggressive or ambitious as before...
But there are much more options available in template configuration now...
More
12 years 11 months ago #9 by ears
Replied by ears on topic Kunena 1.6.4 Released!
Hi.
I'm new over here.

I just want to ask is this version ok Nunena (Kunena 1.6.4), if it don't have support to portuguese Brazilian, because when i donwload it it says that have it but after instalation i don't see where to change it and on instalation don't let me choose the language. I'm using Joomla 1.5.23.

Any ideas, any help?

Many thanks!
More
12 years 11 months ago #10 by N6REJ
Replied by N6REJ on topic Kunena 1.6.4 Released!
when checking the control panel for kunena it states that 1.6.3 is the latest...
You are using the latest version of Kunena 1.6.3
Time to create page: 0.465 seconds