Kunena 6.3.0 released

The Kunena team has announce the arrival of Kunena 6.3.0 [K 6.3.0] in stable which is now available for download as a native Joomla extension for J! 4.4.x/5.0.x/5.1.x. This version addresses most of the issues that were discovered in K 6.2 and issues discovered during the last development stages of K 6.3

Question Kunena 1.6.3 Released!

More
13 years 2 months ago #1 by fxstein

Introduction

The Kunena Team is excited to announce the release of Kunena 1.6.3. This is a maintenance & security release for Kunena 1.6 but its main goal is to provide a native support for Joomla! 1.6 and all users are recommended to upgrade to Kunena 1.6.3 (backup and testing are strongly recommended!).

All users of prior Kunena releases are urged to upgrade as soon as possible.

Since the stable release of Kunena 1.6, the Kunena team has been focused on fixing over 100 bugs; including fixing issues with CSS, router, API, HTML validation, issues with Joomla! 1.6 and usability. Official Kunena modules and plug-ins have been updated as well as language translations.

Kunena 1.6 marks a major milestone for the Kunena Project. A long list of open source contributors have committed over 3,000 changes helping make Kunena the leading forum solution for both Joomla 1.5 and 1.6. A long list of new features, various optimizations, and code restructuring have resulted in the most advanced version of Kunena to date.

We continue to put a big emphasis on usability and ease of installation. The installer has been further enhanced to allow for multiple installation and upgrade options. It performs incremental steps to avoid timeouts on slower hosts. It automatically performs actions such as taking the forum offline during the installation or upgrade and re-enables it after completing the install.

Kunena now supports Joomla 1.6 style languages files that are backward compatible with Joomla 1.5. Multiple languages are included in the base install packages and more will be available soon. They can also be installed separately. Kunena 1.6 support multiple languages installed on a single system and, together with Joomla, allows users to select their preferred language.

Templates have now been separated from the underlying code, which allows for version-independent template development. Templates can embed various options that can be set via the included template manager (e.g. avatar position on left, right, top, or bottom in the new default template, Blue Eagle).

The Kunena Team is fully committed to Joomla 1.6 and beyond and a number of modules have been developed to lay the groundwork for future releases of Joomla.

Read more...

We love stars on the Joomla Extension Directory . :-)
The following user(s) said Thank You: helmchen, hkymre, ChaosHead, cbrace
The topic has been locked.
More
13 years 2 months ago #2 by ender
Replied by ender on topic Kunena 1.6.3 Released!
Thank you!!!!
More
13 years 2 months ago #3 by madLyfe
Replied by madLyfe on topic Kunena 1.6.3 Released!
nice work guys!

word up!
More
13 years 2 months ago #4 by xreliable
Replied by xreliable on topic Kunena 1.6.3 Released!
I guess it was worth burning the 2 am oil... Kewl beans
More
13 years 2 months ago #5 by SP63
Replied by SP63 on topic Kunena 1.6.3 Released!
Thx ;-)

Wer anderen einen Bratwurst brät, hat ein Bratwurstbratgerät
More
13 years 2 months ago #6 by riffraff
Replied by riffraff on topic Kunena 1.6.3 Released!
More
13 years 2 months ago #7 by darksoul
Replied by darksoul on topic Re: Kunena 1.6.3 Released!
Tanks very much.
But something confuse me about cb as i read in the changelog:
+ [#24656] CommunityBuilder: improve integration by adding support for all activity events (CB1.4+)

What activity events on CB? and cb 1.4??
More
13 years 2 months ago #8 by fxstein
Replied by fxstein on topic Re: Kunena 1.6.3 Released!

darksoul wrote: Tanks very much.
But something confuse me about cb as i read in the changelog:
+ [#24656] CommunityBuilder: improve integration by adding support for all activity events (CB1.4+)

What activity events on CB? and cb 1.4??

When CB 1.4 will be out, Kunena will support it. We already worked with the CB team to have Kunena support more activity events. So new feature for the upcoming CB release are already in Kunena 1.6.3.

For more details around CB1.4 please check their webpage.

Hope this helps!

We love stars on the Joomla Extension Directory . :-)
The following user(s) said Thank You: mikst
More
13 years 2 months ago #9 by thug_boy
Replied by thug_boy on topic Kunena 1.6.3 Released!
I Hpore if you add RTL feature :(
More
13 years 2 months ago #10 by Oscarfishlover
Before you install 1.6.3, be aware that there might be some kind of problem with it. I installed it and it messed up my page titles, in other words I don't have any apart from "forum" which is no good if people are searching on the Internet.

The #1 Oscar Fish website on the net
Joomla! 2.5.14
Kunena 3.0.2
Time to create page: 0.689 seconds