Kunena 6.2.6 released

The Kunena team has announce the arrival of Kunena 6.2.6 [K 6.2.6] which is now available for download as a native Joomla extension for J! 4.4.x/5.0.x. This version addresses most of the issues that were discovered in K 6.1 / K 6.2 and issues discovered during the last development stages of K 6.2

Question Kunena 1.6 RC3 Released!

More
13 years 6 months ago #1 by fxstein

The Kunena Team is excited to announce the release of Kunena 1.6, Release Candidate 3. This is the third and final RC release for Kunena 1.6 and is stable enough to be used on live production websites in limited usage (primarily for testing) as long as minor issues are tolerated during the time before it becomes a final release.

Since the second release candidate of Kunena 1.6, the Kunena team has been focused on fixing over 100 bugs and issues including CSS fixes, IE7 and IE8 compatibility, usability issues, API issues, html validation issues, new modules and plug-ins and updating languages translations.

Kunena 1.6 marks a major milestone for the Kunena Project. A long list of open source contributors have committed over 2500 changes and have helped make Kunena the leading forum solution for both Joomla 1.5 and 1.6. A long list of new features in addition to various optimizations and code restructuring have resulted in the most advanced version of Kunena to date.

We continue to put a big emphasis on usability and ease of installation. Therefore, the installer has been further enhanced to allow for multiple installation and upgrade options. It performs incremental steps to avoid timeouts on slower hosts. It automatically performs actions such as taking the forum offline during the installation or upgrade and re-enables it after completing the install.

Kunena now supports Joomla 1.6 style languages files that are backward compatible with Joomla 1.5. Multiple languages are included in the base install packages and more will be available soon. They can also be installed separately. Kunena 1.6 also support multiple languages to be installed on a single system and, together with Joomla, allows users to select their preferred language.

Templates have now been separated from the underlying code, which allows for version-independent template development. Templates can embed various options that can be set via the included template manager (e.g. avatar position on left, right, top, or bottom in the new default template, Blue Eagle).

The Kunena Team is fully committed to Joomla 1.6 and beyond and a number of modules have been developed to lay the groundwork for future releases of Joomla.

Read more...

We love stars on the Joomla Extension Directory . :-)
The following user(s) said Thank You: roland76, ChaosHead, avayeabi
The topic has been locked.
More
13 years 6 months ago #2 by adminthptngochoi
More
13 years 6 months ago #3 by zomblaa
Replied by zomblaa on topic Kunena 1.6 RC3 Released!
Good news and great job
Big thanks
More
13 years 6 months ago #4 by AndyInSpain
Many thanks for improving an already fantastic product. Our users have given it a firm thumbs-up. Your hard work is much appreciated and at Science File (http:///www.sciencefile.org)we look forward to a brilliant future in website communication with Kunena. The sky truly does feel like the limit!
More
13 years 6 months ago #5 by markxcool
Replied by markxcool on topic Kunena 1.6 RC3 Released!
looks amazing!

Sharing and caring!
More
13 years 6 months ago #6 by fxstein
Please use out Playground area for testing.
www.kunena.com/playground

This is the comment stream/discussion for articles and not a test thread.

Thank you!

We love stars on the Joomla Extension Directory . :-)
More
13 years 6 months ago #7 by scofield
Replied by scofield on topic Kunena 1.6 RC3 Released!
Please and translation in Romanian :D
More
13 years 6 months ago #8 by Mortti
Replied by Mortti on topic Re: Kunena 1.6 RC3 Released!
I want to give BIG thanks to the entire development team !!!
There are people I would want to specify acknowledgments but I want to wait a stable version before that.

This was not an easy journey, even tester and translator point of view nor...

There will always be corrected, but I think the biggest has been corrected already (for Kunena and J! 1.5.20 "at the moment")

Thanks for all,

Sami/Mortti
More
13 years 6 months ago #9 by re5980
Replied by re5980 on topic Kunena 1.6 RC3 Released!
download
More
13 years 6 months ago - 13 years 6 months ago #10 by daywalker0028
I'm installing version 1.6 RC3 for my client (

Part of the message is hidden for the guests. Please log in or register to see it.
) is committed to raising the standards by which their community rewards forum participation. They've chosen kunena for their integration with cbSubs and what I hope is a seamless integration with alpha user poincts. I'm not sure whether cbSubs itself will integrate user points for kunena forum posts or if another plugin/module will be needed. But I've used kunena before and recommend it to all my clients.
Last edit: 13 years 6 months ago by fxstein. Reason: hide adult content
Time to create page: 0.641 seconds