Kunena 5.2.6 released and Blue eagle 1.6.6 released (25 Jul 2021)
The Kunena team has announce the arrival of Kunena 5.2.6 [K 5.2.6] which is now available for download as a native Joomla extension for J! 3.9.x. This version addresses most of the issues that were discovered in K 5.2 and issues discovered during the development stages of K 5.2.6
Question Kunena 3.0.3 released
Kunena 3.0.3 [K 3.0.3] is available for download as a native Joomla extension for J! 2.5 and J! 3.x. This version addresses many important issues that were discovered in K 3.0.2 and this new version replaces (and makes obsolete) all previous versions of Kunena.
This version of Kunena coincides with the simultaneous release of an updated language pack, downloaded separately, for deployment on non-English websites. The release of this version does not not coincide with the release of other Kunena Add-ons that have not been updated at this time and that may or may not be updated for this version.
In general, Kunena Add-ons designed for previous versions of K 3.x should interoperate with this version of Kunena; in general, Kunena Add-ons designed for older major versions of Kunena will not interoperate with this version of Kunena.
The summary of important changes in K 3.0.3 are:
- Significant changes to the Blue Eagle template that improve the display of the forum on mobile devices
- Removal of all avatar images from the K 3.0 distribution kit and allow for populating the avatar gallery via a separately-installed plugin (if needed by the site administrator)
- Improved site performance
- Fixes the category sorting problems identified on J! 3.1 sites
- Compatible with J! 3.2
- Over 40 other bugfixes and improvements
- Posts: 199
- Thank you received: 14
If on Joomla 3.1 go to Joomla Extension Manager, click Find Updates, see if 3.0.3 is there, check Kunena 3.0.3 and click Update.
If on Joomla 2.5 there is an extra step. Go to Joomla Extension Manager, click Purge Cache, click Find Updates, see if 3.0.3 is there, check Kunena 3.0.3 and click Update.
Also a note to Jiminimonka post, the reason we suggest to clear the main Joomla Cache [not the Extension cache like I describe above] because Joomla tries to preserve specific pieces [over an interval of time] so the page/data can be sent faster without us having to reprocessing everything. There might be a bug were this page/data is not refreshed. This might be why the update icon and message is not appearing.
Here are a few things that need to be taken into account on automated updates:
1) We publish automated updates only 1-2 days after the release (except for security releases) to make sure that we get initial feedback before thousands of sites break.
2) Joomla uses caching on the update component, which means that users might not see the updates without sleeping overnight or purging update cache.
3) Updates from Kunena 2.0 backend are broken and there's nothing we can do about it without making another k2.0 release. In J! 2.5 use Joomla updater instead..
In Joomla 1.5 you're out of luck as Kunena 3.0 doesn't install into it because of we removed all the legacy code.
- Not Allowed: to create new topic.
- Not Allowed: to reply.
- Not Allowed: to edit your message.