Kunena 6.2.4 Released

The Kunena team has announce the arrival of Kunena 6.2.4 [K 6.2.4] which is now available for download as a native Joomla extension for J! 4.3.x/4.4.x/5.0.x. This version addresses most of the issues that were discovered in K 6.1 / K 6.2 and issues discovered during the last development stages of K 6.2

Question Kunena 2.0.2 Released

More
11 years 6 months ago #1 by ron.severdia

The Kunena Project is pleased to announce the maintenance release of Kunena 2.0.2. This is a native Joomla extension compatible with versions 1.5.x and 2.5.x. All users are encouraged to upgrade.

This release includes a number of fixes, including compatibility with content plug-ins, issues with attachments, and a category manager ordering issue. There are also a number of small new features that allow posters to change topic icons during reply and the option to disable IP tracking.

Please refer to the Kunena 2.0.2 release notes - you should should also read the important information contained in the release notes for Kunena 2.0 if you are upgrading from a version earlier than 2.0.  You can read more about Kunena 2.0 here.

We also want to remind the community that, in keeping with plans previously announced in the Kunena project roadmap for 2012, support for K 1.7 ceased on 31 August and the forum no longer is the place to discuss issues or problems related to that version.  Also, as part of the project's ongoing activities to place the forum on a more financially self-sustaining footing, members of the forum to give a greater emphasis on the essential self-help nature of Kunena. We hope that members of the community will find this new approach will better target the kinds of questions or ideas they may want to share with the community.

The forum is now divided into 6 sections:

1. Official Announcements and News about Kunena: This section carries important information about upcoming releases and future plans. We strongly encourage all members of the community to subscribe to this category.
  2. Community self help: This is a collection of the general and "how to" questions about the actively supported version(s) of Kunena, questions about installation, customising, and many other matters that users may want to share with the community that may, or may not, come under the direct control of the Kunena project team.
  3. The Kunena Project: This section is about how the Kunena project can make things better for everyone. We hope, too, that people will continue to bring to our attention genuinely serious problems that may affect others who use Kunena on their websites. This is why we are moving our "support" service more to a "defect reporting and resolution centre". In the past, many people may have felt that "free support" for their unique problems was an unlimited commodity; that has never been the case and we felt it was necessary to make the distinction clearer. We do understand that some people have genuine issues that affect only them and no-one else and we will do our best, in a community-driven, self-help forum context to provide advice as best we can. We hope to be able to announce new services that will better help users who have specific and unique issues.
  4. Kunena in other languages
  5. Community feedback: This is where we encourage you to give us your thoughts about the product, the website, and new ideas for improvements to Kunena
  6. Archive

Kunena 2.0.2 is available for download at http://www.kunena.org/download.

The following user(s) said Thank You: roland76, sozzled
The topic has been locked.
More
11 years 6 months ago #2 by betteryouthanme
Thanks for the new update!

Did you forgot to mention that the emoticons folder will be changed? I've updated from Kunena 2.0.1 to 2.0.2
The emoticons are now stored in the media folder, before they were stored in the templates folder?

Just saying because it cost me a little time to find out ;)

Two things fill the mind with ever new and increasing wonder and awe - the starry heavens above me and the moral law within me. Immanuel Kant
More
11 years 6 months ago #3 by Nivas5
Replied by Nivas5 on topic Kunena 2.0.2 Released
I like the vision.I like the discussion component too.Well done. :)
Time to create page: 0.339 seconds