Kunena 6.2.5 & module Kunena Latest 6.0.7 released

The Kunena team has announce the arrival of Kunena 6.2.5 [K 6.2.5] which is now available for download as a native Joomla extension for J! 4.3.x/4.4.x/5.0.x. This version addresses most of the issues that were discovered in K 6.1 / K 6.2 and issues discovered during the last development stages of K 6.2

Topics that are moved into this category are generally considered to be closed. Users may want to add additional information but these topics should not be resurrected in order to discuss new problems or unrelated matters.

Question "My template breaks when I use the Kunena Latest module"

More
13 years 3 days ago - 13 years 2 days ago #1 by MAW_Trok
Hi. After update to latest version... when I use the option "show content" in the kunenalatest module.... I get an error of the template.

The template crash in a single, little column.

Is this a bug?

This message contains confidential information

Database collation check: The collation of your table fields are correct

Legacy mode: Enabled | Joomla! SEF: Enabled | Joomla! SEF rewrite: Enabled | FTP layer: Disabled |

htaccess: Exists | PHP environment: Max execution time: 120 seconds | Max execution memory: 64M | Max file upload: 25M

Joomla default template details : mx_joomlafree | author: +++++++++ | version: 1.5 | creationdate: 06 apr 2009

Kunena default template details : Blue Eagle (default) | author: Kunena Team | version: 1.6.2 | creationdate: 2010-12-29

Kunena version detailled: Installed version: 1.6.3 | Build: 4344 | Version name: Parlare | Kunena detailled configuration:

Warning: Spoiler!

Third-party components: AlphaUserPoints: Disabled or not installed | CommunityBuilder: Installed (Version : 1.4) | Jomsocial: Disabled or not installed | UddeIm: The file doesn't exist uddeim.j15.xml !

Third-party SEF components: sh404sef: Disabled or not installed | ARTIO JoomSEF: Disabled or not installed | AceSEF: Disabled or not installed

Plugins: System - Mootools12: Disabled | System - Mootools Upgrade: Enabled | JFirePHP: Disabled or not installed | Kunena Discuss: Disabled or not installed | Kunena Search: Enabled (Version : 1.6.2) | My Kunena Forum Menu: Disabled or not installed | My Kunena Forum Posts: Disabled or not installed

Modules: Kunena Latest: Enabled (Version : 1.6.2) | Kunena Stats: Enabled (Version : 1.6.2) | Kunena Login: Enabled (Version : 1.6.2)

Last edit: 13 years 2 days ago by sozzled. Reason: Changed subject to improve relevance for search purposes

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
13 years 3 days ago - 13 years 3 days ago #2 by sozzled
Where's the problem? I can't see it - my eyesight isn't good enough. Would you like to point out the problem in the picture so that other people might be able to understand what you are referring to. Better still, please post an unedited version of your K 1.6 configuration report and we can help you better, help you quicker.

Also, while we have your attention, please read the very important information about running Joomla 1.5 websites with legacy mode . Kunena 1.6 has not been tested with Joomla 1.5 legacy mode; the release program for K 1.6 means that Kunena will not, in future, be tested under J! 1.5 with legacy mode enabled. If you should experience problems as a result of using legacy mode then you will have to sort those out for yourself. Please note, there is no official guarantee about using legacy mode; this point has been made many, many times before. See also Legacy mode in the Wiki for further information.

Please also read K 1.6 Technical Requirements. If you have a problem with your template falling apart perhaps you could ask for assistance from the author of that template.
Last edit: 13 years 3 days ago by sozzled.

More
13 years 3 days ago - 13 years 3 days ago #3 by MAW_Trok

sozzled wrote: Where's the problem? I can't see it - my eyesight isn't good enough. Would you like to point out the problem in the picture so that other people might be able to understand what you are referring to. Better still, please post an unedited version of your K 1.6 configuration report and we can help you better, help you quicker.

Also, while we have your attention, please read the very important information about running Joomla 1.5 websites with legacy mode . Kunena 1.6 has not been tested with Joomla 1.5 legacy mode; the release program for K 1.6 means that Kunena will not, in future, be tested under J! 1.5 with legacy mode enabled. If you should experience problems as a result of using legacy mode then you will have to sort those out for yourself. Please note, there is no official guarantees about using mode; this point has been made many, many times before. See also Legacy mode in the Wiki for further information.

Please also read K 1.6 Technical Requirements. If you have a problem with your template falling apart perhaps you could ask for assistance from the author of that template.

thanks... but Lolll. the problem is clearly. The website should looks like this but when i use "show content" I get the error as I wrote in the first post:

I edited the information but only for remove e-mail and website because I don't like the spam
The template is good, worked very well with previous update of kunenalatest

Now I also removed the legacy mode.... but the problem is still there.

Can I have help please?

Database collation check: The collation of your table fields are correct

Legacy mode: Disabled | Joomla! SEF: Enabled | Joomla! SEF rewrite: Enabled | FTP layer: Disabled |

htaccess: Exists | PHP environment: Max execution time: 120 seconds | Max execution memory: 64M | Max file upload: 25M

Joomla default template details : mx_joomlafree | author: mx_joomlafree | version: 1.5 | creationdate: 06 apr 2009

Kunena default template details : Blue Eagle (default) | author: Kunena Team | version: 1.6.2 | creationdate: 2010-12-29

Kunena version detailled: Installed version: 1.6.3 | Build: 4344 | Version name: Parlare | Kunena detailled configuration:

Warning: Spoiler!

Third-party components: AlphaUserPoints: Disabled or not installed | CommunityBuilder: Installed (Version : 1.4) | Jomsocial: Disabled or not installed | UddeIm: The file doesn't exist uddeim.j15.xml !

Third-party SEF components: sh404sef: Disabled or not installed | ARTIO JoomSEF: Disabled or not installed | AceSEF: Disabled or not installed

Plugins: System - Mootools12: Disabled | System - Mootools Upgrade: Enabled | JFirePHP: Disabled or not installed | Kunena Discuss: Disabled or not installed | Kunena Search: Enabled (Version : 1.6.2) | My Kunena Forum Menu: Disabled or not installed | My Kunena Forum Posts: Disabled or not installed

Modules: Kunena Latest: Enabled (Version : 1.6.2) | Kunena Stats: Enabled (Version : 1.6.2) | Kunena Login: Enabled (Version : 1.6.2)

Last edit: 13 years 3 days ago by MAW_Trok.

More
13 years 3 days ago #4 by sozzled
The places where the information is displayed - the information that you removed - can only be seen by moderators and administrators of this site. Perhaps you were unaware of that fact when you posted.

If you want to send "private" information to moderators/administrators on a Kunena forum, you can wrap the information within "confidential" tags, like this:
Code:
[confidential]This text can only be seen by site administrators and forum moderators[/confidential]
Thank you for updating the information so that we can see your site for ourselves and and thank you, in particular, for getting rid of the unnecessary legacy mode. Your site will perform better without that legacy mode boat anchor! :cheer:

So let's get back to your problem. I still don't understand exactly what is the problem and I wonder if you might be able to help me.

Is the problem as I have described it in the changed topic, namely, "My template breaks when I use the Kunena Latest module". If that is the case, can you point to where this problem appears on your website. I visited your site and what I saw was similar to what you show in your later posting. Did you change something to make things appear differently? Can you help me see the site like it appears in your original posting, please? Thank you.

MAW_Trok wrote:

The template is good, worked very well with previous update of kunenalatest

I'm still trying to figure out whether this is a problem caused by the Kunena Latest module or not. What was the "previous update" of the Kunena Latest module (what was its version number, etc.)

More
13 years 3 days ago - 13 years 3 days ago #5 by MAW_Trok
ok and thanks for help.
Now you see the website with no problems because I disabled the option "Show content" in kunenalatest. But I would use this option :-D

Just for clarify... the firs picture show the problem with option "show content" in kunenalatest,
The second picture show the website with the option disabled.

Do you whant that I enable this option just for see the template error that I posted in the first message?

Sorry but I don't remember the previous version of kunena latest. I only updated the module with the actual version and now I have the problem :-(

More
13 years 3 days ago #6 by sozzled

MAW_Trok wrote: Now you see the website with no problems because I disabled the option "Show content" in kunenalatest. But I would use this option.

Can you enable the option so that we can see the problem. As I said in my first response to you, I am trying to understand what is causing the problem. Is the cause of the problem the Kunena Latest module or is it your site template?

MAW_Trok wrote: I don't remember the previous version of kunena latest. I only updated the module with the actual version and now I have the problem

That's not very helpful, is it? I believe you when you say that everything was working before you made the upgrade. I also believe that our memories are sometimes not always 100% reliable, too. Can I ask, was this previous version the one that you used used with K 1.5, perhaps? :dry:
The following user(s) said Thank You: MAW_Trok

More
13 years 3 days ago - 13 years 3 days ago #7 by MAW_Trok

sozzled wrote: Can I ask, was this previous version the one that you used used with K 1.5, perhaps? :dry:

Yes, if I remember right was this. Now I have enabled the option. Go on links like this and you see the error:

and thanks again for help;-D
Last edit: 13 years 3 days ago by sozzled. Reason: Hide URLs so that user is not troubled by possibility of being "spammed"

More
13 years 3 days ago - 13 years 3 days ago #8 by MAW_Trok
I hope you saw my website because I must remove the option. I have users online and they can't read the website. So i need to restore and remove option "show content". Any Idea abouth my problem?

I'll try to change template for see if the problem is only with my template

More
13 years 3 days ago #9 by MAW_Trok
Mmm is kunelatest the problem (the latest version)! I tried also 2 different templates and I have the same problem when I activate the "show content" option. :-(

More
13 years 3 days ago - 13 years 3 days ago #10 by sozzled
The old "Kunena latest" module was terribly unfortunate. It was not designed by the Kunena project team - it was developed by an ordinary user, just like you - and, after it was released, the developer stopped doing any work on it. That old module that "worked" (if you could describe it in those terms) for K 1.5 does not work in K 1.6. It never worked in K 1.6. If you tried to use it with K 1.6 it would blow your site up completely!

Like I said earlier, sometimes our memories of certain events are not always 100% reliable. ;)

MAW_Trok wrote: Go on links like this and you see the error:

***list of links removed ***

I looked at those links. Indeed, I have spent half of my Saturday morning looking to see the problems that you tried to show in your first message and I still have not seen them. Therefore I don't know if we have a genuine bug in the Kunena Latest module or whether you have a problem with your site template.

And so I return to my original question. Can you please show us what this problem actually looks like in actual use on your website, please. I looked at your site with Firefox 3.6.16, Internet Explorer 8.0.7601.17514, Google Chrome 10.0.648.151 and they all appear the same to me.

You say that this problem is caused by a bug in the Kunena Latest module. I would suggest to you that you have something in your site template CSS that is causing the problem. If we want to find the cause, we need to see the situation without the environment changing all the time.
Attachments:
Last edit: 13 years 3 days ago by sozzled.

Time to create page: 0.515 seconds