Kunena 6.3.0 released

The Kunena team has announce the arrival of Kunena 6.3.0 [K 6.3.0] in stable which is now available for download as a native Joomla extension for J! 4.4.x/5.0.x/5.1.x. This version addresses most of the issues that were discovered in K 6.2 and issues discovered during the last development stages of K 6.3

Topics that are moved into this category are generally considered to be closed. Users may want to add additional information but these topics should not be resurrected in order to discuss new problems or unrelated matters.

Question Joomla 1.6+ K 1.6.2. latest module error

More
13 years 2 months ago #1 by lassev
Have Joomla 1.6 and installed Kunena Latest module 1.6.2. I´m using default template.

Problem 1.
- when new item posted to Kunena Forum 1.6.3., it shows an error in "Kunena latest module": "....com_kunena/funcs/latestx.php on line 93"
Problem 2.
- When clicked "more topics" in the module, it opens new page-as it should be - BUT in the forum I´m missing the header (index,recent topics etc.) AND page doesn´t have any other modules.

fyi. when clicked "real" link for the forum I have modules and header as they should be.

Anyone?
Thanks

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
13 years 2 months ago #2 by xillibit
Hello,

1°) Can-you please give more details on it ?
2°) What do you have on the page ?

Maybe, you can put screenshot here, it will be helpfull

I don't provide support by PM, because this can be useful for someone else.

More
13 years 2 months ago #3 by lassev
It´s a basic Joomla 1.6 installation with it´s default template.
Kunena_latest

Shows the status while opening the page. Forum itself is for registered users and this might be the cause BUT after logging myself to the site, the latest module shows "no new messages" or something like that.
When I added a comment to Kunena Forum and came back to the front page it had the same error message again.

"more topics" link:

as shown, it shows the forum without a header and is´t width takes the hole page.
I have a regular link showing the "normal forum" and it looks like

where header and modules are shown.

I hope this is helping you.

Keep up the good work!!!
Attachments:

More
13 years 2 months ago #4 by lassev
In that particular page I have "YT Content Slide Show II" and regular menus only. Problem is also in a page where I descrive this particular modul as shown below.
Attachments:

More
13 years 2 months ago #5 by xillibit
Can-yoou put your kunena report configuration settings ?

I don't provide support by PM, because this can be useful for someone else.

More
13 years 2 months ago - 13 years 2 months ago #6 by GrdPa
This module does not work with joomla 1.6. Meanwhile a working version I suggest you replace the attached file in the folder of the module. I changed it to my sauce to make it compatible with joomla 1.6. Then you will have to configure the module in the administration.

PS: Sorry for my English, I'm French.

File Attachment:

File Name: mod_kunenalatest.zip
File Size:2 KB
Attachments:
Last edit: 13 years 2 months ago by GrdPa.
The following user(s) said Thank You: fribse

More
13 years 2 months ago #7 by lassev
Here You go.

This message contains confidential information

Database collation check: The collation of your table fields are correct

Legacy mode: Disabled | Joomla! SEF: Enabled | Joomla! SEF rewrite: Disabled | FTP layer: Disabled |

htaccess: Missing | PHP environment: Max execution time: 30 seconds | Max execution memory: 128M | Max file upload: 50M

Joomla default template details : beez_20 | author: Angie Radtke | version: 1.6.0 | creationdate: 25 November 2009

Kunena default template details : Blue Eagle (default) | author: Kunena Team | version: 1.6.3 | creationdate: 2011-01-31

Kunena version detailled: Installed version: 1.6.3 | Build: 4344 | Version name: Parlare | Kunena detailled configuration:

Warning: Spoiler!

Third-party components: AlphaUserPoints: Disabled or not installed | CommunityBuilder: Disabled or not installed | Jomsocial: Disabled or not installed | UddeIm: Disabled or not installed

Third-party SEF components: sh404sef: Disabled or not installed | ARTIO JoomSEF: Disabled or not installed | AceSEF: Disabled or not installed

Plugins: System - Mootools12: Disabled | System - Mootools Upgrade: Disabled | JFirePHP: Disabled or not installed | Kunena Discuss: Disabled or not installed | Kunena Search: Disabled or not installed | My Kunena Forum Menu: Disabled or not installed | My Kunena Forum Posts: Disabled or not installed

Modules: Kunena Latest: Enabled (Version : 1.6.2) | Kunena Stats: Disabled or not installed | Kunena Login: Disabled or not installed

More
13 years 2 months ago #8 by GoremanX
As far as modules not showing up, that's because the links in the Kunena Latest module go to a page which has no menu ID when that module is not loaded on a Kunena page (ie. if you have it loaded on the front page of the site). No menu item is selected, and therefore no modules are displayed. It's especially annoying for those of us who don't display the Kunena tabs, and who have the Kunena menu items in a split menu which only shows up when the proper menu ID is set.

The same phenomenon can be seen here:

dev.friendlyphotozone.com (click on any of the "latest posts" links, the submenu will disappear on the resulting page)

THE place to discuss photography!
www.friendlyphotozone.com

More
13 years 2 months ago #9 by lassev
Thanks,
One still should think how it is supposed to work to serve its users.
In Joomla 1.6 I have set ie. Login module to be seen on all pages yet is doesn´t.

Kunena menu has been set also on all pages yet it doesn´t

Above settings are made in Joomla 1.6 core but now Kunena menu and Kunana latest are overriding joomla´s commands?

I wish that the developers, who are doing already beautiful work, can find a fix for it.
Maybe a quick fix for Kunana latest: one could determine a specific path for "more topics" in Kunena latest module administration?
Attachments:

More
13 years 1 month ago #10 by fribse
This at least brought the possibility of configing the page, but what should I enter in the Categories to display?

Best regards
Fribse

Dykkerklubben Dannebroge www.dkdb.dk
We're a volunteer driven diving club in Mosede, Denmark.
Har du brug for en dykkerklub der rummer alle, så kom ned til os.

Time to create page: 0.659 seconds