Kunena 6.2.5 & module Kunena Latest 6.0.7 released

The Kunena team has announce the arrival of Kunena 6.2.5 [K 6.2.5] which is now available for download as a native Joomla extension for J! 4.3.x/4.4.x/5.0.x. This version addresses most of the issues that were discovered in K 6.1 / K 6.2 and issues discovered during the last development stages of K 6.2

Topics that are moved into this category are generally considered to be closed. Users may want to add additional information but these topics should not be resurrected in order to discuss new problems or unrelated matters.

Question Feature Request: Select default period setting for Latest Posts Module and Recent Topics Tab

More
13 years 4 months ago - 13 years 4 months ago #1 by ejw
Hi,

It appears that by default, the recent posts list shows those of the last month and that the latest posts module takes it from there with the same period pre-selected. Within the recent topics tab in the forum you can select between "since last visit" and different periods ranging from 4 hrs to one year.

It would be fab if the default period could be selected in both, the Kunena configuration AND - overriding this setting - the module parameters.

There must be the "month" setting pre-selected somewhere (why else is the first option - since last visit - not used?), but where? I'd like to change that code until this new feature is added (assuming that you find this a good idea or show me how to find the settings in the case I am just blind, even after spending an hour or so looking for it ;-)).

BW, Erik

Joomla 1.5.22
Kunena 1.6.1
Latest Posts Module 1.6.0 RC2

(MOD: please move to category "Feature Request" if you think this is more appropriate)
Last edit: 13 years 4 months ago by ejw.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
13 years 4 months ago #2 by sozzled

ejw wrote: It appears that by default, the recent posts list shows those of the last month ...

Yes, that's true

ejw wrote: ... and that the latest posts module takes it from there with the same period pre-selected.

I don't know about this. The latest post module operates quite independently of the Kunena component.

I don't know the answer. I just know that there isn't the relationship as you've suggested. I haven't had any time to experiment with the Latest Posts module myself. I have been too busy wrestling with the many requests for assistance with the core product. Sorry.

Can someone else please advise what settings are available in the latest posts module that would assist in this case?

More
13 years 3 months ago - 13 years 3 months ago #3 by misterpat
Just for the record, I also had a few members ask for this in the recent topics tab.
Last edit: 13 years 3 months ago by misterpat.

More
13 years 3 months ago - 13 years 3 months ago #4 by misterpat
I found out where this is specified.

In components/com_kunena/funcs/latestx.php

on line 52 it says
Code:
$this->show_list_time = JRequest::getInt ( 'sel', 720 );

Change that to
Code:
$this->show_list_time = JRequest::getInt ( 'sel', 0 );

I found this code in another file. It will give You an idea what to change the "720" to fit Your needs.
Code:
$timesel[] = JHTML::_('select.option', 0, JText::_('COM_KUNENA_SHOW_LASTVISIT')); $timesel[] = JHTML::_('select.option', 4, JText::_('COM_KUNENA_SHOW_4_HOURS')); $timesel[] = JHTML::_('select.option', 8, JText::_('COM_KUNENA_SHOW_8_HOURS')); $timesel[] = JHTML::_('select.option', 12, JText::_('COM_KUNENA_SHOW_12_HOURS')); $timesel[] = JHTML::_('select.option', 24, JText::_('COM_KUNENA_SHOW_24_HOURS')); $timesel[] = JHTML::_('select.option', 48, JText::_('COM_KUNENA_SHOW_48_HOURS')); $timesel[] = JHTML::_('select.option', 168, JText::_('COM_KUNENA_SHOW_WEEK')); $timesel[] = JHTML::_('select.option', 720, JText::_('COM_KUNENA_SHOW_MONTH')); $timesel[] = JHTML::_('select.option', 8760, JText::_('COM_KUNENA_SHOW_YEAR'));
Last edit: 13 years 3 months ago by misterpat.
The following user(s) said Thank You: ejw

Time to create page: 0.345 seconds