Kunena 6.3.0 released

The Kunena team has announce the arrival of Kunena 6.3.0 [K 6.3.0] in stable which is now available for download as a native Joomla extension for J! 4.4.x/5.0.x/5.1.x. This version addresses most of the issues that were discovered in K 6.2 and issues discovered during the last development stages of K 6.3

Topics that are moved into this category are generally considered to be closed. Users may want to add additional information but these topics should not be resurrected in order to discuss new problems or unrelated matters.

Question Before Migrate to 1.6 now the homepage say: Catchable fatal error: Object of class CKunenaConfig cou

More
13 years 6 months ago #1 by mrangelo
Hi,

Today before download the version 1.6 and try to upgrade my old kunena (I believe that I was 1.13, not sure) now the home page say: "Catchable fatal error: Object of class CKunenaConfig could not be converted to string in /home/mrangelo/public_html/tumundo4x4joomla/administrator/components/com_kunena/libraries/user.php on line 69"

i don't know what happens. When i try to install the new kunena version the system asked to choose about Upgrade to 1.6 or Migrate from... i choose Migrate because i read about my very old version need to migrate.

Please help, my website its down right now, (you can see this at: www.tumundo4x4.com

thanks in advance

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
13 years 6 months ago #2 by Matias
First try if restarting Web server helps. If not:

It sounds like you have modified some files by hand and changed their permissions so that Joomla installer cannot replace files by new ones. For some reason it doesn't detect that file copy failed and installation succeeds even if it should fail.

Easiest way to fix this is:
  1. Uninstall Kunena from Extensions >> Install/Uninstall >> Components
  2. Check that /components/com_kunena doesn't exist (FTP/SSH)
  3. Check that /administrator/components/com_kunena doesn't exist (FTP/SSH)
  4. Install Kunena 1.6.0

More
13 years 6 months ago #3 by mrangelo
Thanks Matias, well now works but i need to disable the module "mod_kunenalatest" because if i enable it the system give me another error:

Warning: include_once(/home/mrangelo/public_html/tumundo4x4joomla/components/com_kunena/lib/kunena.debug.php) [function.include-once]: failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /home/mrangelo/public_html/tumundo4x4joomla/modules/mod_kunenalatest/helper.php on line 9

Warning: include_once() [function.include]: Failed opening '/home/mrangelo/public_html/tumundo4x4joomla/components/com_kunena/lib/kunena.debug.php' for inclusion (include_path='.:/usr/lib/php:/usr/local/lib/php') in /home/mrangelo/public_html/tumundo4x4joomla/modules/mod_kunenalatest/helper.php on line 9

Warning: require_once(/home/mrangelo/public_html/tumundo4x4joomla/components/com_kunena/template/default/smile.class.php) [function.require-once]: failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /home/mrangelo/public_html/tumundo4x4joomla/modules/mod_kunenalatest/helper.php on line 20

Fatal error: require_once() [function.require]: Failed opening required '/home/mrangelo/public_html/tumundo4x4joomla/components/com_kunena/template/default/smile.class.php' (include_path='.:/usr/lib/php:/usr/local/lib/php') in /home/mrangelo/public_html/tumundo4x4joomla/modules/mod_kunenalatest/helper.php on line 20

its like a this module not works with 1.6 :-(

I have this module in the content area in the home page used with {loadposition ***}

well i leave the module disable for now but i need it this function in my home page :-(, any idea?

More
More
13 years 6 months ago - 13 years 6 months ago #5 by sozzled
I'm not sure if what I'm about to suggest is relevant to this situation:

mrangelo wrote:

i need to disable the module "mod_kunenalatest" because if I enable it ... it's like a this module not works with 1.6

I wonder if we're talking about the old K 1.5 module? Because of the structural differences between K 1.5 and K 1.6, the old K 1.5 add-on will not work for K 1.6 and, vice versa, the module developed for K 1.6 will not work for K 1.5 and this goes for all Kunena add-ons. Basically, the mod_kunenalatest module for K 1.6 is new software that was totally rewritten from scratch.
Last edit: 13 years 6 months ago by sozzled.

Time to create page: 0.884 seconds