Kunena 6.3.0 released

The Kunena team has announce the arrival of Kunena 6.3.0 [K 6.3.0] in stable which is now available for download as a native Joomla extension for J! 4.4.x/5.0.x/5.1.x. This version addresses most of the issues that were discovered in K 6.2 and issues discovered during the last development stages of K 6.3

Topics that are moved into this category are generally considered to be closed. Users may want to add additional information but these topics should not be resurrected in order to discuss new problems or unrelated matters.

Question Categories shown in the module

More
13 years 7 months ago #1 by chris.york
I seem to have a problem with restricting the posts shown in this module - I want ONLY to show the posts from one Board category, so have selected just this one in the back-end module options... Unfortunately it shows ALL categories. I'd like to be able to create a series of modules, one for each category. (So I'm guessing that the RSS feed solution as a temporary measure won't work?)

'Bug' track here too - there are typos in the back-end:
Choose datas to diplay - Choose data to display

Can you explain what 'Show first content of topic' means, likewise 'define length of first content character' - it doesn't make too much sense to me I'm afraid.

BTW - those are meant as positive contributions rather than criticism of excellent work!

And while I'm here... where can I define what and how the data is displayed - in a previous version of Kunena latest (probably a FB latest!) it was possible to define the 'string' for each entry in the module. This was really useful and would be appreciated as a feature again (ok, so it probably already exists and I haven't found it yet!)

Using module RC1 and Kunena RC2 (both upgraded today!)

Thanks for your great work.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
13 years 7 months ago - 13 years 7 months ago #2 by xillibit
Hello,

This module is available in RC2 with plenty of issues fixed too, since yesterday, so please try this version.

I don't provide support by PM, because this can be useful for someone else.
Last edit: 13 years 7 months ago by xillibit.

More
13 years 7 months ago #3 by chris.york
Hi,

Thanks for the quick response. Don't know how I managed to install RC1 today when RC2 is available - DOH!

Still, I've upgraded and unfortunately it does the same thing! Attached image shows my settings:

It would be helpful to me if you can point out what I've done wrong, because I can't work out the problem - I think I just need to select one (or more) from 'category list allowed to be displayed'. Did I miss something?

The good thing is that it does keep the 'permissions' correctly depending on the login state.
The bad thing is that in my case it means that there are public messages displayed from other (old) categories because the category is marked 'registered'.

Other issues that I raised look to be fixed

Hoping you can help.
Thanks...Chris.
Attachments:

More
13 years 7 months ago #4 by Ratman
Select the category you want to show in the module and select "Show categories". Then choose "Choose display model" -> "Latest topics".

For me this does work. If you want to have multiple "kunena_latest"-modules just select the module in the overview and create a copy
The following user(s) said Thank You: chris.york

More
13 years 7 months ago #5 by chris.york

Ratman wrote: Select the category you want to show in the module and select "Show categories". Then choose "Choose display model" -> "Latest topics".

For me this does work.

Ah, thanks. I've now tried this particular permutation and found that it works as you suggest - not an intuitive solution! This shows the latest message from the topic(s) within that category, rather than the list of messages. I can see that this will provide an answer, although not the one I was looking for.

So a more intuitive way (in my opinion) would be to move the option of 'display model' to 3rd from top and put a tooltip for this option that includes: 'If you wish to display/hide topics from the selected categories above, please choose Latest Topics. Other options will not restrict the categories shown'

Alternatively, it would be useful to 'fix' this so that categories and display model are independent...

Thanks for the help.

More
13 years 7 months ago #6 by Ratman
I think this is a bug, I have filed a new post -> www.kunena.com/forum/179-kunena-latest-p...unena-latest-rc2-bug

Time to create page: 0.454 seconds