Kunena 6.2.6 released

The Kunena team has announce the arrival of Kunena 6.2.6 [K 6.2.6] which is now available for download as a native Joomla extension for J! 4.4.x/5.0.x. This version addresses most of the issues that were discovered in K 6.1 / K 6.2 and issues discovered during the last development stages of K 6.2

Topics that are moved into this category are generally considered to be closed. Users may want to add additional information but these topics should not be resurrected in order to discuss new problems or unrelated matters.

Important [Resolved] CB avatar thumbs not displayed for guests, only for registered ?

More
12 years 2 days ago - 12 years 19 hours ago #1 by pepperstreet
Hello,
just upgraded a Joomla 1.5.26 site with CB1.8 and Kunena1.7.2

Problem:
The latest module behaves different in Avatar thumb display. Guests see the username with profile-link. Only registered users see Avatar thumbs. Is this a "feature-bug" ?! It seems it does not depend on any forum security parameter setting, nor any module setting.

If this contextual display is the intended way...
it should also hide the username and link completely. Because this information is already displayed by the respective parameter! Now, you will get it twice!

I remember, the previous 3rdparty LatestModule for Kunena 1.5/6 did not make any difference in usergroups. It always showed the CB Avatar.

Any clue?
Last edit: 12 years 19 hours ago by pepperstreet.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
11 years 11 months ago - 11 years 11 months ago #2 by pepperstreet
The display issue is solved, more or less. The avatar image display depends on CB access levels.
So, check your access levels for the field (obvious)... and also for the containing portrait Tab!

But there is still room for a little improvement in the Kunena module:

In general, If the avatar image is hidden, it should also hide the profile-link and username.

Not sure, if this should depend on Kunena's "security settings, i.e. allow guests to see user lists; allow guests to see user profiles

As long as CB integration is used, it should respect CB access restrictions... and simply hide the whole Avatar/link output.

Just my humble opinion.
Last edit: 11 years 11 months ago by pepperstreet.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Time to create page: 0.403 seconds