Kunena 6.2.6 released

The Kunena team has announce the arrival of Kunena 6.2.6 [K 6.2.6] which is now available for download as a native Joomla extension for J! 4.4.x/5.0.x. This version addresses most of the issues that were discovered in K 6.1 / K 6.2 and issues discovered during the last development stages of K 6.2

Topics that are moved into this category are generally considered to be closed. Users may want to add additional information but these topics should not be resurrected in order to discuss new problems or unrelated matters.

Question Help in getting rid of the dots or diamonds?

More
12 years 2 months ago #1 by danielles
I'm running version 1.65 of Kunena & version 1.64 of KunenaLatest on my Joomla 1.7 site.

The problem is that unlike on my Joomla 1.5 site the KunenaLatest mod has these dots or diamonds or whatever you call them that I'd like to get rid of.
You can see my site here: www.piratesgoldentertainment.co.cc/redesign

I want it took look like it does on my Joomla 1.5 site available here: www.piratesgoldentertainment.co.cc

If you have any suggestions please let me know.

Thanks for your time,
Danielle

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
12 years 2 months ago - 12 years 2 months ago #2 by sozzled
G'day, Danielle, and welcome to Kunena.

Those versions of Kunena or Kunena Latest are not supported. We recommend that you upgrade first to the current stable Kunena platform and then ask questions that you may have here. Thank you.
Last edit: 12 years 2 months ago by sozzled.

More
12 years 2 months ago #3 by danielles
So is that your way of saying that if i upgrade the dots or diamonds will go away?

I understand that those versions are not supported and there is a reason why i have not yet upgraded and the new site is still not finished.

More
12 years 2 months ago - 12 years 2 months ago #4 by sozzled
That is my way of saying that K 1.6.5 and Kunena Discuss 1.6.4 are not supported.

I don't know if upgrading will eliminate the problems that you are having but, if you upgrade, we will be in a better position to assist you.

Your website has the following CSS rule in place (../templates/gk_music/css/template.css at line 96) that affects all your <LI> elements:
Code:
.box li, .box_text li { font-weight: normal; line-height: 28px; list-style-position: inside; list-style-type: disc; padding-left: 3px; }
You will obtain some relief if you comment out the line "list-style-type: disc;", like this:
Code:
.box li, .box_text li { font-weight: normal; line-height: 28px; list-style-position: inside; // list-style-type: disc; padding-left: 3px; }
Whether or not that will answer your question, I can't say. This looks more to be a question about CSS than about anything else. However, I am trying to help you by encouraging you to update your Kunena software.

You might also consider modifying the current rule like this, too:
Code:
.box li, .box_text li { font-weight: normal; line-height: 16px; list-style-position: inside; // list-style-type: disc; padding-left: 3px; }
Last edit: 12 years 2 months ago by sozzled.

More
12 years 2 months ago #5 by CheechDogg
Danielle I noticed that the template of your Joomla 1.5 site is the "Refraction_J15 from RocketTheme.com but your new one is not. I don't know if you know but RocketTheme templates always create issues for those who use them on their sites and more so this one in particular. I know because I have that very same template on my website and had to do many modifications in order for it to display properly in firefox, chrome and more so in Internet Explorer.

Those "dots or diamonds" are the bullet points which I have never seen in Firefox or Chrome only in Internet Explorer. In order to get rid of those bulletpoints you have to modify the css files for your template whether it is from RocketTheme or not and in most cases there are 2 sets of css files for the template, one for Firefox and Chrome browsers and the other one specifically for Internet Explorer.

A few months ago RocketTheme.com said they were no longer supporting and developing templates for Internet Explorer because of the issues it brought up for Internet Explorer users. Then they decided they would but with some bit of a twist. If you are not a "RocketTheme Joomla Club member" don't expect to get any kind of support from these guys. I didn't renew my membership with them because of the horrible customer support I received from these guys.

Any ways, back to the topic. I don't see those bulletpoints in your new site at all in the KunenaLatest module. Do you use Internet Explorer to view your site? Those bulletpoints might not show up in your new template because of the css rules that are in place.

If you don't want to upgrade your joomla and kunena versions to the latest versions that is fine too. I have not upgraded my joomla or kunena versions, yet I find solutions by doing some research either here or other places.

I know its unfortunate that that K 1.6.5 and Kunena Discuss 1.6.4 are not supported on these forums any more. I don't agree with it but I am only a registered member like you and I get pretty frustrated because their main Category (Forum) clearly states the following,

"Kunena 1.6 and Kunena 1.7

Post your questions about K 1.6 and K 1.7 releases here. Please remember to mention which version you have installed."

This is very misleading and I would like for the Moderators to change this to say,

"Kunena 1.7
Post your questions K 1.7 releases here. Please remember to mention which version you have installed.

Please do not ask questions about when future versions of Kunena, not publicly available, will be released; those kinds of questions will not be answered here and such topics may be locked."

...if they are not supporting older versions of Kunena or make it more clear to avoid confusion about what versions of Kunena are supported in ther Category Tittles not in the description. This has caused a lot of confusion.

If you need any more help fee free to ask me since I too use that same template. Again don't feel pressured to upgrade your versions of joomla or kunena if your are not ready.

[img
Find me on Facebook.

CAG Clan 1st and 3rd Person Shooter Clan on XBOX 360 & PS3

More
12 years 2 months ago #6 by danielles
Thanks for the info CheechDogg

It does seem as if these bullets that are showing up in the KunenaLatest mod is a css issue.

My Rocketheme template that's running on J1.5 does not show the bullets in Chrome which is my browser of choice and that's a good thing.

However the new template I'm using on J1.7 does show the bullets in both Chrome & in IE9 -sigh-

Not entirely sure what I'm going in order to get rid of those things in the new template as nothing I've done so far seems to work.

More
12 years 2 months ago #7 by CheechDogg
Well if you want I can help you figure this out. Let me know and I can send you some information through private messages, then once the issue is solved we can post the solution here on the forums for others who may have the same problem that way we avoid crowding up the forums with back and forth talk.

Let me know if you are interested and I will send you some information.

[img
Find me on Facebook.

More
12 years 2 months ago #8 by sozzled
The main reason that K 1.6.x (and K 1.6.x add-ons) are not supported is that the project team is hard at work keeping up-to-date with the latest changes in the Joomla world. Kunena is a not-for-profit community-driven outfit. There's no company behind Kunena. The Kunena development team is fairly small (compared with other products available at the moment) and, with these limited resources, it's impossible to maintain support for products that went out of action nearly a year ago.

Having said that, CSS is relatively straightforward if you know how. If you don't know how, there are plenty of people who undertake this kind of work on a fee-for-service basis. However, we will do our best to help. I think it's a small thing to ask that people keep their sites up-to-date software-wise because it makes our job a lot easier. Also, the support we give you also may help other people faced with similar issues. :)

More
12 years 2 months ago #9 by rich

sozzled wrote: That is my way of saying that K 1.6.5 and Kunena Discuss 1.6.4 are not supported.

I don't know if upgrading will eliminate the problems that you are having but, if you upgrade, we will be in a better position to assist you.

Your website has the following CSS rule in place (../templates/gk_music/css/template.css at line 96) that affects all your <LI> elements:

Code:
.box li, .box_text li { font-weight: normal; line-height: 28px; list-style-position: inside; list-style-type: disc; padding-left: 3px; }
You will obtain some relief if you comment out the line "list-style-type: disc;", like this:
Code:
.box li, .box_text li { font-weight: normal; line-height: 28px; list-style-position: inside; // list-style-type: disc; padding-left: 3px; }
Whether or not that will answer your question, I can't say. This looks more to be a question about CSS than about anything else. However, I am trying to help you by encouraging you to update your Kunena software.

You might also consider modifying the current rule like this, too:
Code:
.box li, .box_text li { font-weight: normal; line-height: 16px; list-style-position: inside; // list-style-type: disc; padding-left: 3px; }

This tip from sozzled is ok. Comment out this code "list-style-type: disc;" and the points are gone.

before

afterwards
Attachments:
The following user(s) said Thank You: CheechDogg

More
12 years 2 months ago #10 by CheechDogg
Hey Thanks A lot Rich for that. I have a question though, is this the same action to be taken with templates that have 2 different template.css files to make sure that they are supported by Internet Explorer?

I don't know if you know , but a lot of the issues that are surfacing as of late have to do with RocketTheme templates and unless you are a "RocketTheme Joomla Club member" you won't get any kind of help or support. Now I don't know if danielles has experienced this with RocketTheme.com and I hope he or she doesn't, but others have who have come on here with similar situations.

So again, will this work for IE browswers?

[img
Find me on Facebook.

Time to create page: 0.361 seconds