×
Kunena 5.2.4 and Blue eagle 1.6.4 released (04 Apr 2021)

The Kunena team has announce the arrival of Kunena 5.2.4 [K 5.2.4] which is now available for download as a native Joomla extension for J! 3.9.x. This version addresses most of the issues that were discovered in K 5.2 and issues discovered during the development stages of K 5.2.4

REQUIREMENTS
Blue Eagle 1.6.x requires Kunena 5.2.x to work with, this template isn't designed to works with Bootstrap 3 and Bootstrap 4.

× Topics that are moved into this category are generally considered to be closed. Users may want to add additional information but these topics should not be resurrected in order to discuss new problems or unrelated matters.

Question Stripped Characters

More
9 years 4 months ago - 9 years 4 months ago #1 by egrutz
Stripped Characters was created by egrutz
Joomla 1.7.0
Kunena 1.7.1
Kunena Latest Mod 1.7.1

The post on the forum includes: $3.00

When it is displayed in the Latest Mod, it looks like this: .00


Any help in fixing this is appreciated!

Thanks.
Last edit: 9 years 4 months ago by egrutz. Reason: Wrong version

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
9 years 4 months ago #2 by sozzled
Replied by sozzled on topic Re: Stripped Characters
G'day, egrutz, and welcome to Kunena.

I tested this on two sites, created a topic with $3.00 as the only text, one running J! 1.5.25 and the other running J! 1.7.3. In neither case was I able to reproduce this problem. Perhaps this was a issue in J! 1.7.0?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
9 years 4 months ago #3 by egrutz
Replied by egrutz on topic Re: Stripped Characters
Good enough, I'll get Joomla updated, see if that changes anything, and get back to you either way.

Thanks for testing that!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
9 years 4 months ago - 9 years 4 months ago #4 by egrutz
Replied by egrutz on topic Re: Stripped Characters
Just updated to J! 1.7.3 and it is still stripping the $3 out in the Latest Post module.

Here is a link to the site: www.3rrec.com/
"Latest Posts" on the right, the post title is "Fresh Brown Eggs". :)

There is a lot of stuff on there, so I went through one by one removing the Phoca slideshow plugin, jEvents module, weather widget and facebook widgets and got the same results on the Kunena module each time. I also have DirectPHP plugin and toggled that on and off with the same results.

I have two instances of the Latest Post module on that page.

I only have the component, latest module, search plugin and discuss plugin installed.

The modules are placed in an article via
{loadposition userx}
rather than a true module position. I turned off text filtering in the article manager and still had the characters stripped, so turned it back on.

It's hosted on GoDaddy. :whistle:


Any other thoughts?
Last edit: 9 years 4 months ago by egrutz. Reason: more info

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
9 years 4 months ago #5 by sozzled
Replied by sozzled on topic Re: Stripped Characters
My only "other thoughts" are that you have another Joomla extension (a plugin, perhaps) that's doing this. There's a good chance that the plugin is loaded because of your template. If you post your configuration report, we may get a better picture as to what is going on.

When I tested this on my J! 1.7.3 test site, it was a "vanilla" site with no other extensions loaded apart from what comes as standard with Joomla.
The following user(s) said Thank You: egrutz

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
9 years 4 months ago #6 by Matias
Replied by Matias on topic Re: Stripped Characters
Try looking at content plugins -- or better, you can test if it's one of your content plugins by disabling joomla plugin support from Kunena configuration.
The following user(s) said Thank You: egrutz

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
9 years 4 months ago #7 by egrutz
Replied by egrutz on topic Re: Stripped Characters
I'm back from Thanksgiving, thanks for the suggestions. I gave them a try with no change.

In my case, it seems to be caused by loading the module in an article via
{loadposition}
rather than putting it in a normal module position. When I moved the module to the "left" position to test, the "$3.00" appeared as it should.

I can't guess why this is so, and don't really care, I'll just change the way I am doing things.

Thank you for your help. Great component, I really like it!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

  • Not Allowed: to create new topic.
  • Not Allowed: to reply.
  • Not Allowed: to edit your message.
Time to create page: 0.067 seconds